Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Saleh Gomaa orchestrates comeback win for Anderlecht U21s
19-year-old Saleh Gomaa, who won the MVP at the 2013 African U-20 Championship in Algeria, began his trial this week with Belgian champions Anderlecht, playing his first match with the U21s in their 3-1 win against Waasland-Beveren on Friday.
Gomaa, who played the entire match, was one of 10 players of African origins in René Peeters’ squad, including Jordan Lukaku, brother of the Chelsea starlet.
The Egypt international won a penalty for the purple and white in the first half, after his corner kick was handballed in the box. Rumored Manchester United and Inter Milan target David Henen scored from the spot to equalize for Anderlecht after Edjenguele Belong opened the scoring for Beveren.
Saleh Gomaa later orchestrated Anderlecht’s second and third goals in the second half with wonderful balls from deep in midfield, which were eventually scored by Alex De Bruyn and Morocco’s Nabil Jaadi respectively.
ENPPI are said to value the central midfielder at €2 million, and chairman Mohamed Badr admitted he would not stand in the way of a move abroad for Gomaa, who made his debut for the Petroleum club in 2010, aged just 17 .
“We welcome the notion of letting youngsters move abroad,” ENPPI chairman Badr said in April.
Saleh Gomaa said on Saturday he will play one more match with Anderlecht on Tuesday before flying to Germany on Wednesday to begin his one-week trial with Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund.
Gomaa also previously claimed to have a trial offer from Manchester United, while Torino, Sevilla and Benfica are also said to be keen on signing the gem of the Petroleum club, after catching the attention of their scouts at the African youth tournament in Algeria.
Egyptian legend and international cap record holder Ahmed Hassan previously enjoyed a successful spell with Belgian giants Anderlecht: winning the Belgian League, Cup (twice) and Supercup, while also being named the 2nd best foreign player in Belgium in 2008.
Read KingFut’s Player Profile on Saleh Gomaa