Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Egypt’s Refaat begins trial with Sevilla
As KingFut.com revealed on Twitter last night, 19-year-old Refaat, who just finished a one-week trial at Basel, has began a second consecutive trial in Europe with Sevilla ahead of a potential move in the summer, the club have confirmed.
The flashy winger arrived in Seville yesterday night, where he now has the task of convincing Unai Emery of his talents after impressing scouts at the African Youth Championship with Egypt in March, where the Young Pharaohs went on to win the tournament in Algeria.
Sevilla technical secretary Victor Orta said in an interview in April: “I think Ahmed is one of the major prospects in Africa at this time, many European teams are following him including English ones. I think he was one of the best players from the last U-20 African Cup of Nations, he has great technical ability. He will become a great player.”
It is believed the Petroleum club value Ahmed Refaat at €900 000, while Sevilla seek to make a decision prior to this summer’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey, where his price could rise considerably.
If ENPPI’s asking price is met, chairman Mohamed Badr would not stand in the way of the Young Pharaoh’s move to Los Nervionenses, mentioning shortly after the U-20 tournament: “We welcome the notion of letting youngsters move abroad.”