Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
VIDEO: Egypt’s Refaat begins trial with Sevilla
As KingFut.com revealed on Twitter last night, 19-year-old Refaat, who just finished a one-week trial at Basel, has began a second consecutive trial in Europe with Sevilla ahead of a potential move in the summer, the club have confirmed.
The flashy winger arrived in Seville yesterday night, where he now has the task of convincing Unai Emery of his talents after impressing scouts at the African Youth Championship with Egypt in March, where the Young Pharaohs went on to win the tournament in Algeria.
Sevilla technical secretary Victor Orta said in an interview in April: “I think Ahmed is one of the major prospects in Africa at this time, many European teams are following him including English ones. I think he was one of the best players from the last U-20 African Cup of Nations, he has great technical ability. He will become a great player.”
It is believed the Petroleum club value Ahmed Refaat at €900 000, while Sevilla seek to make a decision prior to this summer’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey, where his price could rise considerably.
If ENPPI’s asking price is met, chairman Mohamed Badr would not stand in the way of the Young Pharaoh’s move to Los Nervionenses, mentioning shortly after the U-20 tournament: “We welcome the notion of letting youngsters move abroad.”