The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
VIDEO: Dortmund-bound Saleh Gomaa scores brace with Anderlecht youth
19-year-old Saleh Gomaa finished off his trial in Belgium in style with a brace in five minutes against Egyptian-owned Lierse SK.
Rumored Manchester United target David Henen opened the scoring in the 14th minute, before Ghanaian international Frank Acheampong doubled the lead for the purple and white after 26 minutes.
Saleh Gomaa scored a simple tap-in on the 80th minute, and then fired home five minutes later from just outside the box. An own-goal sealed the 5-1 rout for René Peeters’ side.
Gomaa, who won the MVP at the 2013 African U-20 Championship in Algeria, was also involved in all three goals in the Belgian champions 3-1 win against Waasland-Beveren on Friday.
The highly-rated central midfielder is now set for his second European trial, as he travels to Germany tomorrow where he will spend one-week with Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund.
Egypt’s Gomaa told FilGoal after his first match in Belgium: “Anderlecht players have been fantastic with me and the coach was impressed by my performance against Beveren.”
“But if both clubs made offers for me, I will choose Dortmund of course.”
ENPPI value the young Egypt international at €2 million, but chairman Mohamed Badr admitted he would not stand in the way of a move abroad for Gomaa, who made his debut for the Petroleum club in 2010, aged just 17.
Gomaa also previously claimed to have a trial offer from Manchester United, while Torino, Sevilla and Benfica are also said to be keen on signing the gem of the Petroleum club, after catching the attention of their scouts at the African youth tournament in Algeria.