Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: Dortmund-bound Saleh Gomaa scores brace with Anderlecht youth
Egypt international Saleh Gomaa scores a brace in his second and final game on trial with Anderlecht on Tuesday, in the U21s 5-1 win over Egyptian-owned Lierse.
19-year-old Saleh Gomaa finished off his trial in Belgium in style with a brace in five minutes against Egyptian-owned Lierse SK.
Rumored Manchester United target David Henen opened the scoring in the 14th minute, before Ghanaian international Frank Acheampong doubled the lead for the purple and white after 26 minutes.
Saleh Gomaa scored a simple tap-in on the 80th minute, and then fired home five minutes later from just outside the box. An own-goal sealed the 5-1 rout for René Peeters’ side.
Gomaa, who won the MVP at the 2013 African U-20 Championship in Algeria, was also involved in all three goals in the Belgian champions 3-1 win against Waasland-Beveren on Friday.
The highly-rated central midfielder is now set for his second European trial, as he travels to Germany tomorrow where he will spend one-week with Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund.
Egypt’s Gomaa told FilGoal after his first match in Belgium: “Anderlecht players have been fantastic with me and the coach was impressed by my performance against Beveren.”
“But if both clubs made offers for me, I will choose Dortmund of course.”
ENPPI value the young Egypt international at €2 million, but chairman Mohamed Badr admitted he would not stand in the way of a move abroad for Gomaa, who made his debut for the Petroleum club in 2010, aged just 17.
Gomaa also previously claimed to have a trial offer from Manchester United, while Torino, Sevilla and Benfica are also said to be keen on signing the gem of the Petroleum club, after catching the attention of their scouts at the African youth tournament in Algeria.