Al Ahly have completed the signing of Kilmarnock FC striker Souleymane Coulibaly...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
VIDEO: Dortmund-bound Saleh Gomaa scores brace with Anderlecht youth
19-year-old Saleh Gomaa finished off his trial in Belgium in style with a brace in five minutes against Egyptian-owned Lierse SK.
Rumored Manchester United target David Henen opened the scoring in the 14th minute, before Ghanaian international Frank Acheampong doubled the lead for the purple and white after 26 minutes.
Saleh Gomaa scored a simple tap-in on the 80th minute, and then fired home five minutes later from just outside the box. An own-goal sealed the 5-1 rout for René Peeters’ side.
The highly-rated central midfielder is now set for his second European trial, as he travels to Germany tomorrow where he will spend one-week with Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund.
Egypt’s Gomaa told FilGoal after his first match in Belgium: “Anderlecht players have been fantastic with me and the coach was impressed by my performance against Beveren.”
“But if both clubs made offers for me, I will choose Dortmund of course.”
ENPPI value the young Egypt international at €2 million, but chairman Mohamed Badr admitted he would not stand in the way of a move abroad for Gomaa, who made his debut for the Petroleum club in 2010, aged just 17.
Gomaa also previously claimed to have a trial offer from Manchester United, while Torino, Sevilla and Benfica are also said to be keen on signing the gem of the Petroleum club, after catching the attention of their scouts at the African youth tournament in Algeria.