Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
EXCLUSIVE: Amro Tarek extends stay with Wolfsburg
Egyptian starlet Amro Tarek Abd El-Aziz has signed a new one-year contract at Wolfsburg, the player’s agent told KingFut.com.
“Amro decided to stay at the club based on positive discussions with the coaches about his future there,” Amro Tarek’s agent Islam Issa told KingFut.com.
The 20-year-old Egyptian put pen to paper on the contract, which expires in June 2014, but has yet to feature for Wolfsburg’s senior side since joining the Wolves last summer. Although, the player’s agent hints that we may see Amro in the Bundesliga next season: “He has played twenty games this season with the second team, so it’s natural that first team football will follow.”
Amro has only featured for the Egypt U-20 national team so far, leaving the Los Angeles-born Egyptian eligible to represent the USA on the international stage.
“We know the USA Olympic team is monitoring Amro,” Islam Issa told KingFut.
“My partner Ahmad Matar and I have advised him not to ignore this option, but we have faith that as soon as Amro makes his first team appearance for Wolfsburg a full call up to the Egyptian national team will come.”
Amro Tarek started off his career as a striker, but he’s proven his versatility this season after playing the first half as a left-winger, and the second as a left-back. Islam said: “His pace and understanding of what the attackers need have made him excel in this position and he’s actually made more assists from there than from left wing.”