Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
EXCLUSIVE: Wadi Degla’s Mohamed Essam joins Legia Warsaw on loan
After undergoing a three-week trial with Legia Warsaw in March, 19-year-old Egyptian Mohamed Essam has now officially joined the Polish side on loan until the end of the season.
The Wadi Degla attacking midfielder, who made his Egyptian Premier League debut this season, flew back to Egypt following his trial to renew his visa and complete additional paperwork before returning to Poland on May 3rd.
Essam is expected to take part in an international tournament next week with Legia Warsaw, who are currently two points clear of Lech Poznań at the top of Poland’s top professional league, the T-Mobile Ekstraklasa.
Despite there only being four rounds left of the Ekstraklasa this season, Legia have the option to complete a permanent deal for Essam this summer from relegation-threatened Wadi Degla, for an undisclosed fee.
On the international stage, Essam has scored one goal in the four matches he’s played with the Egypt U-20 national team, but was not apart of the squad that recently won the African Youth Championship in Algeria.
– thanks to Islam Issa and Ahmed Matar