The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
EXCLUSIVE: Wadi Degla’s Mohamed Essam joins Legia Warsaw on loan
After undergoing a three-week trial with Legia Warsaw in March, 19-year-old Egyptian Mohamed Essam has now officially joined the Polish side on loan until the end of the season.
The Wadi Degla attacking midfielder, who made his Egyptian Premier League debut this season, flew back to Egypt following his trial to renew his visa and complete additional paperwork before returning to Poland on May 3rd.
Essam is expected to take part in an international tournament next week with Legia Warsaw, who are currently two points clear of Lech Poznań at the top of Poland’s top professional league, the T-Mobile Ekstraklasa.
Despite there only being four rounds left of the Ekstraklasa this season, Legia have the option to complete a permanent deal for Essam this summer from relegation-threatened Wadi Degla, for an undisclosed fee.
On the international stage, Essam has scored one goal in the four matches he’s played with the Egypt U-20 national team, but was not apart of the squad that recently won the African Youth Championship in Algeria.
– thanks to Islam Issa and Ahmed Matar