Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Young Pharaoh Profile: Ahmed Mohsen
Name: Ahmed Khaled Mohsen
Date of Birth: March 7, 1997
Height: 1.78 m (5 ft 8 in)
Current Club: US Boulogne (France)
Previous Club(s): Wadi Degla, Brétigny
Alternative Position(s): Right-Back, Centre Midfielder
Ahmed Mohsen is a young Egyptian centre-back who plays in France for the U-17s of Championnat National side US Boulogne. Mohsen, who was born in 1997, was one of the most promising players at Degla with defensive abilities far beyond players at his age. The young Egyptian defender, who has won numerous certificates with Wadi Degla in association with Arsenal, travelled to Belgium and Holland in April 2012 to undergo trials abroad.
In Aaslt, Belgium, Mohsen trained with the reserves of Egyptian-owned Lierse SK before travelling with them to Hoofddorp, Holland, where he played a match against a third division side. Mohsen’s determination led him to signing with third division side Boulogne after impressing on trial at the French club last summer. Mohsen is a very versatile player at his age, as he can also play as a right-back or even a central midfielder.
– Profile last updated on January 15, 2014
Ahmed Mohsen – Summary of Skills:
– Fine, powerful headers.
– Times interceptions well.
– Decent pace.
– Good vision.