Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
FC Basel hopes of domestic double ends in Cup final defeat
Mohamed El-Nenny was the only Egyptian to feature in the Swiss Cup final, starting in his usual central midfield position. The other Egypt international Mohamed Salah was suspended after he picked up a second yellow card in the semi-final against FC Sion.
FC Basel took the lead in the 71st minute when Markus Steinhofer found the net, but it took only four minutes for Grasshoppers to equalise when Izet Harjovic scored.
After full time, the game ended 1-1 and proceeded to extra time. El-Nenny was booked in the 91st minute, and after 120 minutes nothing could separate the two teams so the game went to penalties.
Grasshoppers eventually won the penalty shoot-out 4-3, while El-Nenny did not participate. The result was a massive blow for FC Basel who were aiming for a domestic double.
FC Basel are still league leaders with three games to play and remain six points clear of second place Grasshoppers, who they play again next Sunday.
Ahmad Yousef: Follow @EgyptianPlayers