Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Essam scores as Legia beat Norwich and Halmstad in friendly tournament
19-year-old Mohamed Essam, who joined Legia Warsaw on loan from Wadi Degla following a successful three-week trial, impressed at the International Cor Groenewegen Tournament that ran on May 18 and 20 in Holland, scoring against Norwich and Swedish club Halmstad.
With the matches shortened in the youth tournament involving Atlético Mineiro, AZ Alkmaar, RCD Espanyol, Torino, Norwich City, FC Uitgeest, Halmstad and Legia, Egypt’s Essam scored two goals in the second and final day of the tournament against Norwich and Halmstad.
The Egypt youth international scored the third goal in Legia’s 3-1 win against Norwich U20s, and he also scored the only goal against Halmstad after skipping past several Swedish defenders before scoring from an acute angle.
However, the Polish side lost both fixtures on the opening day (May 18) against Halmstad and local side AZ Alkmaar, with the latter going on to lose in the final against Atlético Mineiro.
On the international stage, Essam has scored one goal in the four matches he’s played with the Egypt U-20 national team, but was not apart of the squad that recently won the African Youth Championship in Algeria.
– thanks to Ahmad Matar and Islam Issa