Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Essam scores as Legia beat Norwich and Halmstad in friendly tournament
19-year-old Mohamed Essam, who joined Legia Warsaw on loan from Wadi Degla following a successful three-week trial, impressed at the International Cor Groenewegen Tournament that ran on May 18 and 20 in Holland, scoring against Norwich and Swedish club Halmstad.
With the matches shortened in the youth tournament involving Atlético Mineiro, AZ Alkmaar, RCD Espanyol, Torino, Norwich City, FC Uitgeest, Halmstad and Legia, Egypt’s Essam scored two goals in the second and final day of the tournament against Norwich and Halmstad.
The Egypt youth international scored the third goal in Legia’s 3-1 win against Norwich U20s, and he also scored the only goal against Halmstad after skipping past several Swedish defenders before scoring from an acute angle.
However, the Polish side lost both fixtures on the opening day (May 18) against Halmstad and local side AZ Alkmaar, with the latter going on to lose in the final against Atlético Mineiro.
On the international stage, Essam has scored one goal in the four matches he’s played with the Egypt U-20 national team, but was not apart of the squad that recently won the African Youth Championship in Algeria.
– thanks to Ahmad Matar and Islam Issa