Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Essam scores as Legia beat Norwich and Halmstad in friendly tournament
19-year-old Mohamed Essam, who joined Legia Warsaw on loan from Wadi Degla following a successful three-week trial, impressed at the International Cor Groenewegen Tournament that ran on May 18 and 20 in Holland, scoring against Norwich and Swedish club Halmstad.
With the matches shortened in the youth tournament involving Atlético Mineiro, AZ Alkmaar, RCD Espanyol, Torino, Norwich City, FC Uitgeest, Halmstad and Legia, Egypt’s Essam scored two goals in the second and final day of the tournament against Norwich and Halmstad.
The Egypt youth international scored the third goal in Legia’s 3-1 win against Norwich U20s, and he also scored the only goal against Halmstad after skipping past several Swedish defenders before scoring from an acute angle.
However, the Polish side lost both fixtures on the opening day (May 18) against Halmstad and local side AZ Alkmaar, with the latter going on to lose in the final against Atlético Mineiro.
On the international stage, Essam has scored one goal in the four matches he’s played with the Egypt U-20 national team, but was not apart of the squad that recently won the African Youth Championship in Algeria.
– thanks to Ahmad Matar and Islam Issa