Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Salah & El-Nenny’s Basel virtually crowned Swiss champions
Egypt internationals Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny both started on the bench against Young Boys before replacing Marco Streller and David Degen on the 60th and 77th minute respectively.
Fabian Frei led the Swiss champions to the crucial win after scoring a 55th minute penalty.
Young Boys had ex-Smouha hitman Samuel Afum, who has scored four goals in his last six games, spearheading their attack.
Basel are now expected to lift the league title for the fourth consecutive year when they host St. Gallen on Saturday.
Grasshoppers, who also won 2-1 at St. Gallen, face an almost impossible task to claim the title as they trail Basel by 3 points and would need to overturn a goal difference of 16 goals with one match remaining.
20-year-olds Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny have been an integral factor in Basel’s all but certain league triumph, with the former scoring five goals and creating four in 27 previous league appearances since joining from Arab Contractors last summer, while El-Nenny has been pulling the strings in the heart of midfield since arriving from Contractors in January on an initial six-month loan. El-Nenny has recently been rewarded with a four-year contract.
Salah and El-Nenny were both named in Bob Bradley’s Egypt national team provisional squad for next month’s World Cup qualifiers against Zimbabwe and Mozambique.