Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
Coach Saad: Saleh Gomaa set to sign for Borussia Dortmund
19-year-old Egyptian central midfielder Saleh Gomaa has been on two consecutive one-week trials in Europe last month with Anderlecht and Borussia Dortmund, and is now expected to sign for the latter next week on a one-year loan deal from Egyptian side ENPPI.
Gomaa, who won the MVP at the 2013 African Youth Championship in March, is currently camped in Spain with Egypt’s U-20 side as the Young Pharaohs prepare for the U-20 World Cup in Turkey later this month.
Egypt U-20 assistant coach Mohamed Saad revealed Gomaa will join the German giants next week following the 10-day camp in Spain.
“There is an agreement between ENPPI and Dortmund to loan Saleh to the German club this summer,” assistant coach Saad told Al-Hayat TV.
“Saleh should travel to Germany after we finish our camp in Spain to complete the transfer.”
In an interview with AbdulRahman Magdy on Al Kahera Wal Nas TV, Gomaa said: “When I first arrived, he [Klopp] stood up to welcome me. He talked about Zidan and said, ‘I hope you become like Mohamed Zidan, who I coached at Mainz and here. He’s a good player.’ In the end, before I traveled he [Klopp] said, ‘I’m happy with you and hopefully you’ll be with us [next season]’.
ENPPI value the young Egypt international at €2 million, but chairman Mohamed Badr admitted he would not stand in the way of a move abroad for Gomaa, who made his debut for the Petroleum club in 2010, aged just 17. Although, Gomaa has only featured once this season for ENPPI, playing no more than 11 minutes as a substitute.
Gomaa will likely be the heart of Egypt’s midfield when they join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup, which runs from 21 June to 13 July in Turkey.
UPDATE: ENPPI say they have yet to receive an official offer from Dortmund, despite claims from the Egyptian coach, but they confirm they have received a bid from Freiburg for Gomaa.