The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
VIDEO: Egypt held by Romania in U20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U20 national team let a two-goal advantage slip in the second-half to draw 2-2 with Romania in a warm-up game in Spain ahead of the U-20 World Cup later this month.
Rio Ave striker Ahmed ‘Koka’ Hassan opened the scoring with a powerful strike into the bottom right corner in the 34th minute, three minutes before Al-Ahly central midfielder Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan doubled Egypt’s first-half lead with an almost identical strike.
Romania struck twice in the 57th and 71st minute to equalize against Rabie Yassin’s team, following some poor aerial defending.
Egypt, who head to next month’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey as champions of Africa for the first time since 2003, are currently camped in Barcelona, Spain to prepare for the World Cup in Turkey later this month.
It should be noted PSV’s Egyptian-Danish attacking midfielder Alexander Jakobsen (also known as Amir Adel) has left Egypt’s camp due to a stomach flu, but Jakobsen says: “they [the doctors] advised me that a lot of rest and medication would get me back on my feet and on the field in just over a week.”
The Young Pharaohs will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.