Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
VIDEO: Egypt held by Romania in U20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U20 national team let a two-goal advantage slip in the second-half to draw 2-2 with Romania in a warm-up game in Spain ahead of the U-20 World Cup later this month.
Rio Ave striker Ahmed ‘Koka’ Hassan opened the scoring with a powerful strike into the bottom right corner in the 34th minute, three minutes before Al-Ahly central midfielder Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan doubled Egypt’s first-half lead with an almost identical strike.
Romania struck twice in the 57th and 71st minute to equalize against Rabie Yassin’s team, following some poor aerial defending.
Egypt, who head to next month’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey as champions of Africa for the first time since 2003, are currently camped in Barcelona, Spain to prepare for the World Cup in Turkey later this month.
It should be noted PSV’s Egyptian-Danish attacking midfielder Alexander Jakobsen (also known as Amir Adel) has left Egypt’s camp due to a stomach flu, but Jakobsen says: “they [the doctors] advised me that a lot of rest and medication would get me back on my feet and on the field in just over a week.”
The Young Pharaohs will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.