Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
VIDEO: Egypt held by Romania in U20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U20 national team let a two-goal advantage slip in the second-half to draw 2-2 with Romania in a warm-up game in Spain ahead of the U-20 World Cup later this month.
Rio Ave striker Ahmed ‘Koka’ Hassan opened the scoring with a powerful strike into the bottom right corner in the 34th minute, three minutes before Al-Ahly central midfielder Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan doubled Egypt’s first-half lead with an almost identical strike.
Romania struck twice in the 57th and 71st minute to equalize against Rabie Yassin’s team, following some poor aerial defending.
Egypt, who head to next month’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey as champions of Africa for the first time since 2003, are currently camped in Barcelona, Spain to prepare for the World Cup in Turkey later this month.
It should be noted PSV’s Egyptian-Danish attacking midfielder Alexander Jakobsen (also known as Amir Adel) has left Egypt’s camp due to a stomach flu, but Jakobsen says: “they [the doctors] advised me that a lot of rest and medication would get me back on my feet and on the field in just over a week.”
The Young Pharaohs will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.