Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
VIDEO: Egypt held by Romania in U20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U20 national team let a two-goal advantage slip in the second-half to draw 2-2 with Romania in a warm-up game in Spain ahead of the U-20 World Cup later this month.
Rio Ave striker Ahmed ‘Koka’ Hassan opened the scoring with a powerful strike into the bottom right corner in the 34th minute, three minutes before Al-Ahly central midfielder Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan doubled Egypt’s first-half lead with an almost identical strike.
Romania struck twice in the 57th and 71st minute to equalize against Rabie Yassin’s team, following some poor aerial defending.
Egypt, who head to next month’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey as champions of Africa for the first time since 2003, are currently camped in Barcelona, Spain to prepare for the World Cup in Turkey later this month.
It should be noted PSV’s Egyptian-Danish attacking midfielder Alexander Jakobsen (also known as Amir Adel) has left Egypt’s camp due to a stomach flu, but Jakobsen says: “they [the doctors] advised me that a lot of rest and medication would get me back on my feet and on the field in just over a week.”
The Young Pharaohs will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.