Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Egypt held by Romania in U20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U20 national team let a two-goal advantage slip in the second-half to draw 2-2 with Romania in a warm-up game in Spain ahead of the U-20 World Cup later this month.
Rio Ave striker Ahmed ‘Koka’ Hassan opened the scoring with a powerful strike into the bottom right corner in the 34th minute, three minutes before Al-Ahly central midfielder Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan doubled Egypt’s first-half lead with an almost identical strike.
Romania struck twice in the 57th and 71st minute to equalize against Rabie Yassin’s team, following some poor aerial defending.
Egypt, who head to next month’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey as champions of Africa for the first time since 2003, are currently camped in Barcelona, Spain to prepare for the World Cup in Turkey later this month.
It should be noted PSV’s Egyptian-Danish attacking midfielder Alexander Jakobsen (also known as Amir Adel) has left Egypt’s camp due to a stomach flu, but Jakobsen says: “they [the doctors] advised me that a lot of rest and medication would get me back on my feet and on the field in just over a week.”
The Young Pharaohs will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.