Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
VIDEO: Egypt lose to Brazil in U-20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U-20 national team lost 0-1 to Brazil in their first game at the Valais Youth Cup in Switzerland on Wednesday.
Rabie Yassin fielded his side with a 5-3-2 formation and a very defensive mentality for his first game at the Valais Youth Cup, a friendly tournament in Switzerland involving Egypt, Brazil, Ghana and Kosovo ahead of this month’s U-20 World Cup.
In the first half, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” hit the post in what was Egypt’s best chance of the game, seconds after Mossad Awad managed to make a great save at the other end of the pitch.
The second half started with Brazilian dominance before Sao Paolo forward Ademilson tapped-in Brazil’s only goal in the 56th minute.
Egypt will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.