Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
VIDEO: Egypt lose to Brazil in U-20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U-20 national team lost 0-1 to Brazil in their first game at the Valais Youth Cup in Switzerland on Wednesday.
Rabie Yassin fielded his side with a 5-3-2 formation and a very defensive mentality for his first game at the Valais Youth Cup, a friendly tournament in Switzerland involving Egypt, Brazil, Ghana and Kosovo ahead of this month’s U-20 World Cup.
In the first half, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” hit the post in what was Egypt’s best chance of the game, seconds after Mossad Awad managed to make a great save at the other end of the pitch.
The second half started with Brazilian dominance before Sao Paolo forward Ademilson tapped-in Brazil’s only goal in the 56th minute.
Egypt will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.