Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Egypt lose to Brazil in U-20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U-20 national team lost 0-1 to Brazil in their first game at the Valais Youth Cup in Switzerland on Wednesday.
Rabie Yassin fielded his side with a 5-3-2 formation and a very defensive mentality for his first game at the Valais Youth Cup, a friendly tournament in Switzerland involving Egypt, Brazil, Ghana and Kosovo ahead of this month’s U-20 World Cup.
In the first half, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” hit the post in what was Egypt’s best chance of the game, seconds after Mossad Awad managed to make a great save at the other end of the pitch.
The second half started with Brazilian dominance before Sao Paolo forward Ademilson tapped-in Brazil’s only goal in the 56th minute.
Egypt will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.