The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
VIDEO: Egypt lose to Brazil in U-20 World Cup warm-up
Egypt’s U-20 national team lost 0-1 to Brazil in their first game at the Valais Youth Cup in Switzerland on Wednesday.
Rabie Yassin fielded his side with a 5-3-2 formation and a very defensive mentality for his first game at the Valais Youth Cup, a friendly tournament in Switzerland involving Egypt, Brazil, Ghana and Kosovo ahead of this month’s U-20 World Cup.
In the first half, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” hit the post in what was Egypt’s best chance of the game, seconds after Mossad Awad managed to make a great save at the other end of the pitch.
The second half started with Brazilian dominance before Sao Paolo forward Ademilson tapped-in Brazil’s only goal in the 56th minute.
Egypt will join Chile, England and Iraq in Group E of the U-20 World Cup that will run from June 21 to July 13 in Turkey.