Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Official: Amr Zaki signs for Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya
Egypt international Amr Zaki, 30, who referred to next season as the biggest challenge in his career, arrived in Kuwait yesterday and passed his medical Tuesday morning before signing on a year-long deal with Al-Salmiya on a free transfer.
The four-time Kuwaiti champions will hold a press conference on Wednesday to present Zaki to the media and fans, before the Egypt international joins the club for their pre-season campaign on July 20.
Zaki most recently had an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor, failing to score in 8 matches since his move in the summer before terminating his contract with the club last winter.
The former Zamalek star was denied a return to the Whites by club chairman Mamdouh Abbas in January due to the bulldozer’s heavy wages, while also pulling a U-turn on his move back to ENPPI in the Egyptian Premier League days after claiming to sign on a two-and-a-half year deal.
Zaki was undoubtedly one of Egypt’s top strikers, especially when the El-Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.
Like many previous Egyptians abroad, professionalism was a major issue for Zaki, with the Egyptian striker failing to return back from international duty to Wigan on numerous occasions, leading to the fall of the Bulldozer.