Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
OFFICIAL: Hull City sign Elmohamady from Sunderland
The 25-year-old Egypt international has spent the last season on loan at Hull City from Sunderland, helping the club achieve automatic promotion to the English Premier League after finishing in second place. He’s now officially a Hull City player pending a work permit.
Ahmed Elmohamady spoke to Hull City’s official website and was full of praise for Steve Bruce and the club:
“I really enjoy playing for him and I look forward to doing so again now.”
“It feels great to be here permanently, especially after what happened here last season. It was a great year and I thoroughly enjoyed playing for this club. Everything about it was great – the players, the staff, the fans – and I am delighted to be here again.”
On playing with Hull City in the Premier League:
“It’s going to be great to play in the Premier League again, especially with Hull City, and I am very much looking forward to the new season.
“Moving here was an easy decision to make. The fans are fantastic and it will be enjoyable to play in front of them in the Premier League.”
Ahmed Elmohamady has spent the previous season on loan at Hull City, where he was reunited with former Sunderland manager, Steve Bruce. Having spent 2 seasons at Sunderland, Elmo was left lacking playing time in his second season under Martin O’Neill, after Bruce’s departure.
His season at Hull City however was a success, achieving promotion to the Premier League and in the process picking up three personal awards: the club’s Player of the Year, Hull City Official Supporters Club Player of the Season and Hull Daily Mail player of the Season.
We here at KingFut.com wish the player all the best.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef