Zamalek striker Ahmed Gaafar has signed for ENPPI on a Bosman transfer,...
- Gaafar signs for ENPPI despite contract renewal
- Porto sign Algeria’s Brahimi from Granada
- Mohamed Youssef appointed as coach of Iraqi side Al-Shorta
- EXCLUSIVE: Egypt’s Rami Rabia signs for Sporting Lisbon
- Ahmed Elmohamady relishing Europa League adventure
- Smouha set to sign Ghanaian striker Seidu Bancey
- Ismaily to sign Kotoko striker Abdul-Aziz Yusif
- Shikabala refused to celebrate Sporting Lisbon tournament win
- Zamalek’s Ahmed Eid signs new three-year deal
- Official: Zamalek sign Egypt goalkeeper El-Shennawy
Official: Ahly skipper Hossam Ghaly joins Lierse
Egypt international and Al-Ahly skipper Hossam Ghaly has joined Lierse on a one-year deal, the Belgian club confirmed.
Ghaly, 31, who returned to training last month after recovering from a cruciate ligament rupture in the first match of the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup, has officially ended his spell with Al-Ahly by joining Egyptian-owned Lierse on a free transfer – signing a one-year contract with the Belgian side with a clause containing the option of an additional year, Lierse’s official website announced.
The former Tottenham midfielder’s contract with the Red Devils expired at the end of June, and despite Ahly’s board expressing their desire to hold on to their veteran captain, Ghaly has decided to leave Egypt amid the current political instability.
“We respect Ghaly as one of the club icons and we wish him all the best,” Ahly’s Football Director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz told the club’s official website.
Three Egyptians have already left Maged Samy’s Lierse this summer, most notably forward Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabbas, who has been in Het Lisp since 2009 and played a crucial role in helping the Yellow and Black army return to the Jupiler Pro League.
Egyptian duo Ahmed Abou-Moslem and Mostafa Shebeita have also left Lierse, having spent the past season on loan from Smouha and Wadi Degla respectively.