Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Málaga bid for Zamalek star Mohamed Ibrahim
The 21-year-old Egypt international, who still has two years left on his contract, stated his desire to leave Zamalek by any means at the end of this season after the Whites received a couple of European offers for his services.
Zamalek initially rejected FC Sion’s approach to loan Mohamed Ibrahim as the offered €300,000 was much less than their valuation of €1 million, while Romanian side Vaslui have now offered €400k after their initial bid of €200k was also turned down.
The Whites’ board member Ibrahim Youssef says the club won’t stand in the way of their star playmaker’s European dream, are now willing to allow him to depart on loan at a reduced cost.
“There are two offers for Mohamed. One from Malaga in the range of €350,000 – €400,000 and the other from Vaslui,” Ibrahim Youssef told Zamalek’s official website.
“No one inside the Zamalek board will oppose an abroad move for one of the first team players, as long as it benefits the club and the player himself.
“Vaslui raised their bid from €220,000 to €400,000, but we are hoping to let him go on loan for around €500,000.”
Ibrahim has really risen up the Zamalek ranks this season, scoring five goals and creating four in 13 league appearances to help the Whites finish top of Group B in the Egyptian Premier League.