Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi believes that Salah add value to Roma, adding that his...
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
VIDEO: Mohamed Salah scores as Basel win in season-opener
Egypt internationals Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny both stared for FC Basel on Saturday against recently promoted FC Aarau, with Salah scoring the opener – finishing off some brilliant link-up play from inside the box.
Raúl Bobadilla doubled the lead for the Swiss champions after 64 minutes, while Mohamed El-Nenny – who signed for Basel on a four-year deal from Arab Contractors in May – assisted the third goal scored by Basel’s top scorer last season, Marco Streller.
Salah, 21, was replaced by Stephan Andrist five minutes before full-time, shortly after Argentine Pablo Garat scored a consolation goal for Aarau – their first Super League goal in three years.
Basel’s next game will be against Swiss Cup champions Grasshoppers at Lezigrund next Sunday.