Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Mohamed Salah scores as Basel win in season-opener
Egypt internationals Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny both stared for FC Basel on Saturday against recently promoted FC Aarau, with Salah scoring the opener – finishing off some brilliant link-up play from inside the box.
Raúl Bobadilla doubled the lead for the Swiss champions after 64 minutes, while Mohamed El-Nenny – who signed for Basel on a four-year deal from Arab Contractors in May – assisted the third goal scored by Basel’s top scorer last season, Marco Streller.
Salah, 21, was replaced by Stephan Andrist five minutes before full-time, shortly after Argentine Pablo Garat scored a consolation goal for Aarau – their first Super League goal in three years.
Basel’s next game will be against Swiss Cup champions Grasshoppers at Lezigrund next Sunday.