South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
VIDEO: Mohamed Salah scores as Basel win in season-opener
Egypt internationals Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny both stared for FC Basel on Saturday against recently promoted FC Aarau, with Salah scoring the opener – finishing off some brilliant link-up play from inside the box.
Raúl Bobadilla doubled the lead for the Swiss champions after 64 minutes, while Mohamed El-Nenny – who signed for Basel on a four-year deal from Arab Contractors in May – assisted the third goal scored by Basel’s top scorer last season, Marco Streller.
Salah, 21, was replaced by Stephan Andrist five minutes before full-time, shortly after Argentine Pablo Garat scored a consolation goal for Aarau – their first Super League goal in three years.
Basel’s next game will be against Swiss Cup champions Grasshoppers at Lezigrund next Sunday.