Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
VIDEO: Mohamed Salah scores as Basel win in season-opener
Egypt internationals Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny both stared for FC Basel on Saturday against recently promoted FC Aarau, with Salah scoring the opener – finishing off some brilliant link-up play from inside the box.
Raúl Bobadilla doubled the lead for the Swiss champions after 64 minutes, while Mohamed El-Nenny – who signed for Basel on a four-year deal from Arab Contractors in May – assisted the third goal scored by Basel’s top scorer last season, Marco Streller.
Salah, 21, was replaced by Stephan Andrist five minutes before full-time, shortly after Argentine Pablo Garat scored a consolation goal for Aarau – their first Super League goal in three years.
Basel’s next game will be against Swiss Cup champions Grasshoppers at Lezigrund next Sunday.