Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
VIDEO: Mohamed Salah scores as Basel win in season-opener
Egypt internationals Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny both stared for FC Basel on Saturday against recently promoted FC Aarau, with Salah scoring the opener – finishing off some brilliant link-up play from inside the box.
Raúl Bobadilla doubled the lead for the Swiss champions after 64 minutes, while Mohamed El-Nenny – who signed for Basel on a four-year deal from Arab Contractors in May – assisted the third goal scored by Basel’s top scorer last season, Marco Streller.
Salah, 21, was replaced by Stephan Andrist five minutes before full-time, shortly after Argentine Pablo Garat scored a consolation goal for Aarau – their first Super League goal in three years.
Basel’s next game will be against Swiss Cup champions Grasshoppers at Lezigrund next Sunday.