Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Nottingham Forest join race to sign Egyptian Trezeguet
Egypt U-20 and Al-Ahly starlet Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ is close to joining Nottingham Forest to trial with the club, according to local paper ThisIsNottingham.
18-year-old Mahmoud Hassan, who shined at the 2013 under-20 World Cup in Turkey a few months after winning the U-20 African Championship with the Young Pharaohs, is close to agreeing a move that will see him spend two weeks with Kuwaiti-owned Championship side Nottingham Forest on trial, according to local paper ThisIsNottingham.
Trezeguet, regarded as one of Ahly’s and Egypt’s hottest prospects, scored a brilliant solo goal against England in a 2-0 win for Rabie Yassin’s side at the U-20 World Cup, although the Young Pharaohs failed to progress beyond the group stages of the tournament in Turkey.
The central midfielder claimed to have caught the attention of scouts from Atlético Madrid, Gent and French sides Lille and Nice after impressing in Turkey, and was set to fly to France after Ahly’s upcoming clash with Zamalek in the CAF Champions League group stage to undergo a trial with the latter Ligue 1 outfit.
Although, the Nottingham paper are adamant Forest have been given the first opportunity to bring Trezeguet for a trial, while acknowledging competition for his signature from Nice, as well as Stuttgart and Dutch giants Ajax.
Since the Egyptian starlet is only 18, he could be eligible for a study visa which would allow him to complete a move to England.
Trezeguet has been a regular with Al-Ahly since 2012, and has already featured in the Club World Cup and won the CAF Champions League with the club last year.
Ahly have previously stated they are willing to let Trezeguet move out on loan, and with the 2012/2013 Egyptian Premier League season now being called off amid the country’s political turmoil, it is unlikely that the Cairo giants would stand in the way of a potential transfer to Europe.