Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Nottingham Forest join race to sign Egyptian Trezeguet
18-year-old Mahmoud Hassan, who shined at the 2013 under-20 World Cup in Turkey a few months after winning the U-20 African Championship with the Young Pharaohs, is close to agreeing a move that will see him spend two weeks with Kuwaiti-owned Championship side Nottingham Forest on trial, according to local paper ThisIsNottingham.
Trezeguet, regarded as one of Ahly’s and Egypt’s hottest prospects, scored a brilliant solo goal against England in a 2-0 win for Rabie Yassin’s side at the U-20 World Cup, although the Young Pharaohs failed to progress beyond the group stages of the tournament in Turkey.
The central midfielder claimed to have caught the attention of scouts from Atlético Madrid, Gent and French sides Lille and Nice after impressing in Turkey, and was set to fly to France after Ahly’s upcoming clash with Zamalek in the CAF Champions League group stage to undergo a trial with the latter Ligue 1 outfit.
Although, the Nottingham paper are adamant Forest have been given the first opportunity to bring Trezeguet for a trial, while acknowledging competition for his signature from Nice, as well as Stuttgart and Dutch giants Ajax.
Since the Egyptian starlet is only 18, he could be eligible for a study visa which would allow him to complete a move to England.
Trezeguet has been a regular with Al-Ahly since 2012, and has already featured in the Club World Cup and won the CAF Champions League with the club last year.
Ahly have previously stated they are willing to let Trezeguet move out on loan, and with the 2012/2013 Egyptian Premier League season now being called off amid the country’s political turmoil, it is unlikely that the Cairo giants would stand in the way of a potential transfer to Europe.