ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Official: Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Salah joins Saudi club
The 26-year-old defensive midfielder, who’s a regular member of Bob Bradley’s Egypt squad, opted not to renew his contract with Zamalek – blaming their delay in offering him a new deal.
Salah doesn’t rule out a return to the Whites after his spell ends in Saudi Arabia, although it doesn’t seem likely that Zamalek will welcome him back with open arms, after the club lodged a complaint to the Egyptian FA.
Zamalek stressed that the Mansoura-born midfielder, who spent five years with the Cairo giants, is tied to the club till the end of the domestic season – which has now been cancelled – rather than the end of June.
Al-Orouba have just been promoted to the Saudi Pro League after being crowned champions of the Saudi First Division – the second tier of Saudi Arabian football.
Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira, who guided Zamalek to the top of Group B in the Egyptian Premier League, has also refused to sign a new contract with the club, and has now been replaced by ex-Zamalek player Helmi Tolan.
Zamalek are set to face Cairo-rivals Al-Ahly behind closed doors in the CAF Champions League on Monday.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef