Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Official: Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Salah joins Saudi club
Egypt international Ibrahim Salah joins newly-promoted Saudi Pro League side Al-Orouba on a free transfer, after allowing his contract to expire with Zamalek.
The 26-year-old defensive midfielder, who’s a regular member of Bob Bradley’s Egypt squad, opted not to renew his contract with Zamalek – blaming their delay in offering him a new deal.
Salah doesn’t rule out a return to the Whites after his spell ends in Saudi Arabia, although it doesn’t seem likely that Zamalek will welcome him back with open arms, after the club lodged a complaint to the Egyptian FA.
Zamalek stressed that the Mansoura-born midfielder, who spent five years with the Cairo giants, is tied to the club till the end of the domestic season – which has now been cancelled – rather than the end of June.
Al-Orouba have just been promoted to the Saudi Pro League after being crowned champions of the Saudi First Division – the second tier of Saudi Arabian football.
Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira, who guided Zamalek to the top of Group B in the Egyptian Premier League, has also refused to sign a new contract with the club, and has now been replaced by ex-Zamalek player Helmi Tolan.
Zamalek are set to face Cairo-rivals Al-Ahly behind closed doors in the CAF Champions League on Monday.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef