Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Official: Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Salah joins Saudi club
The 26-year-old defensive midfielder, who’s a regular member of Bob Bradley’s Egypt squad, opted not to renew his contract with Zamalek – blaming their delay in offering him a new deal.
Salah doesn’t rule out a return to the Whites after his spell ends in Saudi Arabia, although it doesn’t seem likely that Zamalek will welcome him back with open arms, after the club lodged a complaint to the Egyptian FA.
Zamalek stressed that the Mansoura-born midfielder, who spent five years with the Cairo giants, is tied to the club till the end of the domestic season – which has now been cancelled – rather than the end of June.
Al-Orouba have just been promoted to the Saudi Pro League after being crowned champions of the Saudi First Division – the second tier of Saudi Arabian football.
Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira, who guided Zamalek to the top of Group B in the Egyptian Premier League, has also refused to sign a new contract with the club, and has now been replaced by ex-Zamalek player Helmi Tolan.
Zamalek are set to face Cairo-rivals Al-Ahly behind closed doors in the CAF Champions League on Monday.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef