Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Official: Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Salah joins Saudi club
The 26-year-old defensive midfielder, who’s a regular member of Bob Bradley’s Egypt squad, opted not to renew his contract with Zamalek – blaming their delay in offering him a new deal.
Salah doesn’t rule out a return to the Whites after his spell ends in Saudi Arabia, although it doesn’t seem likely that Zamalek will welcome him back with open arms, after the club lodged a complaint to the Egyptian FA.
Zamalek stressed that the Mansoura-born midfielder, who spent five years with the Cairo giants, is tied to the club till the end of the domestic season – which has now been cancelled – rather than the end of June.
Al-Orouba have just been promoted to the Saudi Pro League after being crowned champions of the Saudi First Division – the second tier of Saudi Arabian football.
Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira, who guided Zamalek to the top of Group B in the Egyptian Premier League, has also refused to sign a new contract with the club, and has now been replaced by ex-Zamalek player Helmi Tolan.
Zamalek are set to face Cairo-rivals Al-Ahly behind closed doors in the CAF Champions League on Monday.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef