Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Official: Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Salah joins Saudi club
The 26-year-old defensive midfielder, who’s a regular member of Bob Bradley’s Egypt squad, opted not to renew his contract with Zamalek – blaming their delay in offering him a new deal.
Salah doesn’t rule out a return to the Whites after his spell ends in Saudi Arabia, although it doesn’t seem likely that Zamalek will welcome him back with open arms, after the club lodged a complaint to the Egyptian FA.
Zamalek stressed that the Mansoura-born midfielder, who spent five years with the Cairo giants, is tied to the club till the end of the domestic season – which has now been cancelled – rather than the end of June.
Al-Orouba have just been promoted to the Saudi Pro League after being crowned champions of the Saudi First Division – the second tier of Saudi Arabian football.
Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira, who guided Zamalek to the top of Group B in the Egyptian Premier League, has also refused to sign a new contract with the club, and has now been replaced by ex-Zamalek player Helmi Tolan.
Zamalek are set to face Cairo-rivals Al-Ahly behind closed doors in the CAF Champions League on Monday.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef