Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Ismaily reluctant to allow El-Sulaya join Villarreal
24-year-old El-Sulaya, who convinced Villarreal’s technical staff of his abilities while on trial with The Yellow Submarine last May, looks set to remain in Egypt next season as Ismaily are unlikely to allow the midfielder to leave this summer.
Ismaily chairman Mohamed Aboul-Saoud aims to rebuild the coastal side next season as the Dervishes are set to lose a number of key players this offseason and letting the Egyptian international join La Liga side Villarreal on a one-year loan is the last of his priorities.
“We are in need for El-Sulaya’s services in the upcoming season. He is one of the team’s pillars,” Aboul-Saoud told FilGoal.
The central midfielder, whose contract doesn’t expire until the summer of 2016, has shown plenty of flair in Ismaily’s 2012-13 Egyptian Premier League campaign, scoring 4 goals and 2 assists helping his team finish second in Group B.
Following his successful trial in Spain, Villarreal had reportedly sent scouts to watch him perform in Egypt’s last two World Cup qualifiers; although, he was an unused sub against Zimbabwe before playing the full match at Mozambique.
El-Sulaya, who has been regularly called-up to the Egypt national team under coach Bob Bradley, has a total of 12 caps with the senior team, and was also a part of Hany Ramzy’s U-23 team before missing out on the 2012 London Olympics.