Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
Nottingham Forest set to make official offer for Egypt’s Trezeguet next week
Mahmoud Trezeguet (OZAN KOSE/AFP/Getty Images)
Championship side Nottingham Forest are set to make an offer next week to sign Egypt U-20 and Al-Ahly starlet Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ on a season-long loan, the midfielder told the club’s official website on Friday.
“The offer will be officially presented to Ahly next week. I hope it will be finalized through the legal channels in a way that fits me and the club,” 18-year-old Mahmoud Hassan said on the club’s official website on Friday.
Trezeguet has been a regular with Al-Ahly’s senior team since last summer, helping the club win the 2012 CAF Champions League and CAF Super Cup, while also featuring in the Club World Cup.
The attack-minded midfielder, regarded as one of Ahly’s and Egypt’s hottest prospects, scored a brilliant solo goal against England in a 2-0 win for Rabie Yassin’s side at the U-20 World Cup, although the Young Pharaohs failed to progress beyond the group stages of the tournament in Turkey.
Al-Ahly have also received an offer from Ligue 1 side Nice, but Trezeguet says he prefers a to move Nottingham Forest, who finished eighth in the English Championship last season.
“The English offer is much better… I will have a better chance to feature regularly with Nottingham Forest than Nice,” he added.
It was reported that Trezeguet would initially spend two weeks with Forest, who are owned by the Kuwaiti Al-Hasawi family, before a potential loan move is agreed, but the Ahly starlet revealed that he is not required to undergo a trial.
An obstacle in Mahmoud Hassan’s potential move to Nottingham would be obtaining a work permit since he is not a full Egypt international, although, there have been suggestions he could be eligible for a study visa due to his tender age.
The central midfielder caught the attention of clubs across Europe following his impressive performances in Turkey, with the likes of Atlético Madrid, Gent, Lille, Stuttgart and Dutch giants Ajax all said to be keeping tabs on the central midfielder.
Trezeguet’s Al-Ahly team-mates Ahmed Fathi and Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ spent the second-half of last season on loan at Hull City along with Ahmed Elmohamady, who recently signed a permanent deal with the Tigers, helping the club earn promotion to the English Premier League before the Egypt international duo returned to Cairo.
Ahly previously stated they are willing to allow Trezeguet to leave on loan, and with the 2012/2013 Egyptian Premier League season now being called off amid the country’s political turmoil, it is unlikely that the Cairo giants would stand in the way of a potential transfer to Europe.
Trezeguet is in Ahly’s squad to take on rivals Zamalek in the CAF Champions League group stage on Wednesday.