Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mahmoud Kahraba on verge of joining Swiss club FC Luzern – reports
ENPPI received an official fax from FC Luzern requesting to loan Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim, more commonly known as ‘Kahraba’ (Electricity), for a season with an option to buy clause to give the Swiss Super League side an opportunity to examine the Egypt U-20 star in more detail, with a view to a permanent move.
It’s claimed that the ENPPI board have agreed a deal in principle to allow Kahraba to leave for Switzerland on loan, and it’s now only mere formalities remaining.
The attacking midfielder would join FC Basel’s Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny as the only other Egyptian in the Swiss Super League, while Egypt international Sherif Ashraf recently made the move to Switzerland’s second-division.
Kahraba was an influential part of Rabie Yassin’s squad at the 2013 African Youth Championship in Algeria and the U-20 World Cup in Turkey, scoring a combined four goals in the competitions.
– Thanks to Ahmed Motaweh
UPDATE (July 21, 2013): Kahraba says he will now join the Swiss Super League side from ENPPI within the next few days.