Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Mahmoud Kahraba on verge of joining Swiss club FC Luzern – reports
ENPPI received an official fax from FC Luzern requesting to loan Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim, more commonly known as ‘Kahraba’ (Electricity), for a season with an option to buy clause to give the Swiss Super League side an opportunity to examine the Egypt U-20 star in more detail, with a view to a permanent move.
It’s claimed that the ENPPI board have agreed a deal in principle to allow Kahraba to leave for Switzerland on loan, and it’s now only mere formalities remaining.
The attacking midfielder would join FC Basel’s Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny as the only other Egyptian in the Swiss Super League, while Egypt international Sherif Ashraf recently made the move to Switzerland’s second-division.
Kahraba was an influential part of Rabie Yassin’s squad at the 2013 African Youth Championship in Algeria and the U-20 World Cup in Turkey, scoring a combined four goals in the competitions.
– Thanks to Ahmed Motaweh
UPDATE (July 21, 2013): Kahraba says he will now join the Swiss Super League side from ENPPI within the next few days.