Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Hossam Ghaly scores first goal for Lierse
Egypt international and Lierse summer signing Hossam Ghaly scored his first goal for the club in a friendly win over Dutch side Vitesse.
Ghaly, 31, who signed a one-year contract with Belgian side Lierse on a free transfer from Al-Ahly earlier this month, scored his first goal with the club in a 2-1 friendly win against Dutch club Vitesse on Friday with a fine header off a corner kick in the opening four minutes.
Former Netherlands international Theo Janssen equalized for Vitesse, who recently sold star players Wilfried Bony and Marco van Ginkel to Swansea and Chelsea respectively, before Dolly Menga scored the winner on the 22nd minute.
Egypt international Ahmed Samir Farag also played the entire match for Lierse.
The former Tottenham and Feyenoord midfielder only returned to training last month after recovering from a cruciate ligament injury suffered during the first match of the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup in January.
Lierse kick-off their 2013/2014 Jupiler Pro League season next Sunday against Zulte Waregem.