Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
VIDEO: Hossam Ghaly scores first goal for Lierse
Ghaly, 31, who signed a one-year contract with Belgian side Lierse on a free transfer from Al-Ahly earlier this month, scored his first goal with the club in a 2-1 friendly win against Dutch club Vitesse on Friday with a fine header off a corner kick in the opening four minutes.
Former Netherlands international Theo Janssen equalized for Vitesse, who recently sold star players Wilfried Bony and Marco van Ginkel to Swansea and Chelsea respectively, before Dolly Menga scored the winner on the 22nd minute.
Egypt international Ahmed Samir Farag also played the entire match for Lierse.
The former Tottenham and Feyenoord midfielder only returned to training last month after recovering from a cruciate ligament injury suffered during the first match of the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup in January.
Lierse kick-off their 2013/2014 Jupiler Pro League season next Sunday against Zulte Waregem.