Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Hegazy scores in Fiorentina win as Gomez bags first brace
Fiorentina continued their pre-season domination – albeit against very low division opposition thus far – with a 7-1 rout against Cremonese on Wednesday.
Ahmed Hegazy, who returned to the Fiorentina squad in May after rupturing his cruciate knee ligament last December, as given his third start this pre-season in a very strong eleven alongside Serbian centre-back Stefan Savić.
The 22-year-old Egypt international centre-back scored the Viola‘s third goal with a powerful strike following a surging run from the back, while hitman Mario Gomez, who recently arrived from Bayern Munich, scored his first brace for the club before Giuseppe Rossi added his own double.
Hegazy was replaced at half-time as Vincenzo Montella continued his practice of fielding a completely different eleven for the second-half of warm-ups this pre-season.
Fiorentina will next face Pro Patria on Wednesday and have two more friendlies lined-up before going on tour in August to play Giuseppe Rossi’s former club Villarreal in Spain on August 8 before visiting Lisbon to face Sporting on August 11.
Fiorentina’s Serie A campaign is set to kick-off on August 24.