Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
VIDEO: Hegazy scores in Fiorentina win as Gomez bags first brace
Fiorentina continued their pre-season domination – albeit against very low division opposition thus far – with a 7-1 rout against Cremonese on Wednesday.
Ahmed Hegazy, who returned to the Fiorentina squad in May after rupturing his cruciate knee ligament last December, as given his third start this pre-season in a very strong eleven alongside Serbian centre-back Stefan Savić.
The 22-year-old Egypt international centre-back scored the Viola‘s third goal with a powerful strike following a surging run from the back, while hitman Mario Gomez, who recently arrived from Bayern Munich, scored his first brace for the club before Giuseppe Rossi added his own double.
Hegazy was replaced at half-time as Vincenzo Montella continued his practice of fielding a completely different eleven for the second-half of warm-ups this pre-season.
Fiorentina will next face Pro Patria on Wednesday and have two more friendlies lined-up before going on tour in August to play Giuseppe Rossi’s former club Villarreal in Spain on August 8 before visiting Lisbon to face Sporting on August 11.
Fiorentina’s Serie A campaign is set to kick-off on August 24.