Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
MCDR crowned champions in Mini World Futsal Club Tournament
Misr El-Maqassa, Egypt’s only representative in the 2013 Mini World Futsal Club Tournament held in Kuwait, won the first place in the tournament after a hard-fought 3-1 win against Ukranian side MFC Cardinal-Rivne on Friday.
El-Maqassa’s Ayman Abdelkader opened the scoring in the 17th minute, before Cardinal equalised in the last minute of the first-half. None of the two teams was successful in scoring in the second-half, that led to extra time when El-Maqassa’s Mohammed Edrees found his way to score his team’s second goal in the last minute of the game.
In an attempt to save their hopes, the Ukrainian side resorted to attacking with all their lines but Egypt’s El-Maqassa countered and Ramadan Smasiri sealed the victory in Kuwait after slotting home his side’s third goal in the empty net.
Its worth mentioning that Misr El-Maqassa finished second in their group behind MFC Cardinal-Rivne, then they managed to overcome Qatari side Al-Sadd in the quarter finals prior to a 3-2 win over Spanish side Santiago Futsal in the semi final.
– This piece was originally published on CairoStadium.com in Arabic, translated by Ziad Ibrahim with the permission of CairoStadium.