Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
MCDR crowned champions in Mini World Futsal Club Tournament
Misr El-Maqassa, Egypt’s only representative in the 2013 Mini World Futsal Club Tournament held in Kuwait, won the first place in the tournament after a hard-fought 3-1 win against Ukranian side MFC Cardinal-Rivne on Friday.
El-Maqassa’s Ayman Abdelkader opened the scoring in the 17th minute, before Cardinal equalised in the last minute of the first-half. None of the two teams was successful in scoring in the second-half, that led to extra time when El-Maqassa’s Mohammed Edrees found his way to score his team’s second goal in the last minute of the game.
In an attempt to save their hopes, the Ukrainian side resorted to attacking with all their lines but Egypt’s El-Maqassa countered and Ramadan Smasiri sealed the victory in Kuwait after slotting home his side’s third goal in the empty net.
Its worth mentioning that Misr El-Maqassa finished second in their group behind MFC Cardinal-Rivne, then they managed to overcome Qatari side Al-Sadd in the quarter finals prior to a 3-2 win over Spanish side Santiago Futsal in the semi final.
– This piece was originally published on CairoStadium.com in Arabic, translated by Ziad Ibrahim with the permission of CairoStadium.