Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour defended coach Momen Soliman following the White Castle’s...
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
MCDR crowned champions in Mini World Futsal Club Tournament
Misr El-Maqassa, Egypt’s only representative in the 2013 Mini World Futsal Club Tournament held in Kuwait, won the first place in the tournament after a hard-fought 3-1 win against Ukranian side MFC Cardinal-Rivne on Friday.
El-Maqassa’s Ayman Abdelkader opened the scoring in the 17th minute, before Cardinal equalised in the last minute of the first-half. None of the two teams was successful in scoring in the second-half, that led to extra time when El-Maqassa’s Mohammed Edrees found his way to score his team’s second goal in the last minute of the game.
In an attempt to save their hopes, the Ukrainian side resorted to attacking with all their lines but Egypt’s El-Maqassa countered and Ramadan Smasiri sealed the victory in Kuwait after slotting home his side’s third goal in the empty net.
Its worth mentioning that Misr El-Maqassa finished second in their group behind MFC Cardinal-Rivne, then they managed to overcome Qatari side Al-Sadd in the quarter finals prior to a 3-2 win over Spanish side Santiago Futsal in the semi final.
– This piece was originally published on CairoStadium.com in Arabic, translated by Ziad Ibrahim with the permission of CairoStadium.