Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
MCDR crowned champions in Mini World Futsal Club Tournament
Misr El-Maqassa, Egypt’s only representative in the 2013 Mini World Futsal Club Tournament held in Kuwait, won the first place in the tournament after a hard-fought 3-1 win against Ukranian side MFC Cardinal-Rivne on Friday.
El-Maqassa’s Ayman Abdelkader opened the scoring in the 17th minute, before Cardinal equalised in the last minute of the first-half. None of the two teams was successful in scoring in the second-half, that led to extra time when El-Maqassa’s Mohammed Edrees found his way to score his team’s second goal in the last minute of the game.
In an attempt to save their hopes, the Ukrainian side resorted to attacking with all their lines but Egypt’s El-Maqassa countered and Ramadan Smasiri sealed the victory in Kuwait after slotting home his side’s third goal in the empty net.
Its worth mentioning that Misr El-Maqassa finished second in their group behind MFC Cardinal-Rivne, then they managed to overcome Qatari side Al-Sadd in the quarter finals prior to a 3-2 win over Spanish side Santiago Futsal in the semi final.
– This piece was originally published on CairoStadium.com in Arabic, translated by Ziad Ibrahim with the permission of CairoStadium.