Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Romanian side Vaslui seek loan deal for Egypt’s Saleh Gomaa
The Egypt international, who just turned 20 last week, has been linked with a host of European clubs since excelling in the African Youth Championship in March, where he was voted the Player of the Tournament after the Young Pharaohs were crowned champions in Algeria, but ENPPI have revealed the only current offer they have received for his services is from Romanian side FC Vaslui.
“The Romanian club made a €100,000 offer to have Saleh on loan for a season,” ENPPI’s footballing director Abdul-Nasser Mohamed told FilGoal.
The offer includes an option of a permanent deal for €500,000, if he impresses come the end of the season, but the ENPPI director expects more for the central midfielder, who was only recently linked to Manchester United before undergoing trials at Anderlecht and German giants Borussia Dortmud.
“I think it is not exactly the offer we expect for a player like Saleh, even though he said he is ready to go.”
While Egypt’s U-20 national team were camped in Spain prior to the U-20 World Cup, Gomaa temporarily left the training camp for Germany to sign a one-year loan for Greuther Fürth, but then suddenly turned down the move after completing his medical with the Bundesliga 2 side, who were relegated from the German top flight last season.
Gomaa’s agent declared that the ENPPI gem’s ‘€2million price will be doubled’ when he plays at the U-20 World Cup, but he didn’t live up to his hype in Turkey, although he didn’t play a full match for the Young Pharaohs in the competition.