Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Official: Mahmoud Kahraba signs for Switzerland’s FC Luzern
19-year-old Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim, who carries the strange nickname of ‘Kahraba’ given that it means ‘electricity’ in Arabic, has joined Swiss side FC Luzern on a season-long loan from ENPPI, with an option to make the deal permanent until 2017.
When FC Luzern Sports Director Alexander Frei, who used to play with Mohamed Salah at Basel, was asked if Kahraba could make a similar impact to that of Salah, Frei told Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen: “Kahraba can be a big offensive asset to our team.”
“He is a player who can play at both flanks and also as a second forward behind the striker.”
KingFut.com revealed late in July that Hull City offered Egypt U-20 forward Mahmoud Kahraba a trial, but despite manager Steve Bruce confirming the interest this week, the ENPPI starlet couldn’t join up with the Tigers due to work permit issues.
The Egypt U-20 international scored three goals and won two penalties at the African Youth Championship in March to guide the Young Pharaohs to winning the tournament in Algeria. He also scored Egypt’s only goal against Chile at the U-20 World Cup this summer.
Kahraba joins FC Basel’s Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny as the only other Egyptian in the Swiss Super League, while Sherif Ashraf plays in the country’s second division.