Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
El-Gabbas given green light for Greek Super League move
Panionios are expected to conclude the signing of Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabbas on a free transfer after the Egypt international impressed while on trial with the Greek side.
26-year-old Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabbas is expected to officially join Panionios on a free transfer upon his imminent return to Greece, according to gazzetta.gr.
The Egypt international forward was given the green light for his move to Athens by Panionios boss Nikos Pantelis, after impressing on trial in Saturday’s friendly in Greece against second division side Panegialios Aigio.
Dodo ended his 4-year spell with Maged Samy’s Lierse this summer as he was determined to embark on a new challenge after allowing his contract at the Herman Vanderpoortenstadion to run down at the end of last season.
The Port Said-born forward played a crucial role in helping the Yellow and Black army return to the Jupiler Pro League, and has scored a total of 19 goals in Belgium since moving from Al-Masry in 2009.
El-Gabbas was a member of Newcastle United’s youth academy under Glenn Roeder from 2005-07, but was forced to return to Al-Masry after failing to obtain a work permit in the UK.
Zamalek defender Ahmed Magdy was previously a Panionios player from 2005-2007 before joining Atromitos in a player exchange deal which saw Algeria international and last season’s Greek Super League top scorer Rafik Djebbour head in the other direction.