Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Swiss Cup Roundup: Sherif Ashraf strikes again while Basel and Luzern win
BSC Old Boys 0-1 FC Basel
Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny both didn’t feature as coach Murat Yakin fielded a second-string side against lower division side Old Boys, but Basel managed to find a winner in extra time when centre-back Ivanov scored in the 95th minute.
FC Murten 0-11 FC Luzern
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ Abdel-Moneim‘s FC Luzern went on a goal scoring spree as they destroyed FC Murten 11-0 in the Swiss Cup. Kahraba, however, was not able to feature in the match because of the Egyptian Football Association’s delay to send his required documents, due to the current turmoil in Egypt. The Egypt U-20 star is expected to featured next Saturday against FC Basel.
Here’s what FC Luzern fans can expect from Kahraba…
Concordia Basel 2-4 FC Biel-Bienne
FC Biel-Bienne won 4-2 against Concordia in the first round of the Swiss Cup with Sherif Ashraf scoring the fourth goal for his side within a minute of coming on as a substitute in the 87th minute.
The Egypt international has now scored two goals in his last two games after scoring his first league goal last weekend, despite only playing a total of 43 minutes since joining the Swiss side last month.
Veyrier 0-8 Young Boys Bern
The winners of this tournament gain a place in the UEFA Europa League.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef