Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Swiss Cup Roundup: Sherif Ashraf strikes again while Basel and Luzern win
BSC Old Boys 0-1 FC Basel
Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny both didn’t feature as coach Murat Yakin fielded a second-string side against lower division side Old Boys, but Basel managed to find a winner in extra time when centre-back Ivanov scored in the 95th minute.
FC Murten 0-11 FC Luzern
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ Abdel-Moneim‘s FC Luzern went on a goal scoring spree as they destroyed FC Murten 11-0 in the Swiss Cup. Kahraba, however, was not able to feature in the match because of the Egyptian Football Association’s delay to send his required documents, due to the current turmoil in Egypt. The Egypt U-20 star is expected to featured next Saturday against FC Basel.
Here’s what FC Luzern fans can expect from Kahraba…
Concordia Basel 2-4 FC Biel-Bienne
FC Biel-Bienne won 4-2 against Concordia in the first round of the Swiss Cup with Sherif Ashraf scoring the fourth goal for his side within a minute of coming on as a substitute in the 87th minute.
The Egypt international has now scored two goals in his last two games after scoring his first league goal last weekend, despite only playing a total of 43 minutes since joining the Swiss side last month.
Veyrier 0-8 Young Boys Bern
Ghana and former Smouha hitman Samuel Afum scored a spectacular brace for Young Boys as they demolished lower league side Veyrier to win 8-0.
The winners of this tournament gain a place in the UEFA Europa League.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef