Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Portuguese League starts with victory for Koka and defeat for Ghazal
Ahmed Hassan “Koka”, who scored on his Egypt national team debut in a 3-0 friendly win over Uganda this week, played the full 90 minutes on Sunday as Rio Ave began their Liga Zon Sagres campaign with a convincing 3-0 win against newly-promoted Belenenses at the Restelo Stadium in Lisbon.
In a match completely dominated by the northerners, Braga opened the scoresheet just four minutes into the game, with the score remaining 1-0 until the break. With Hassan leading the attack, Rio Ave doubled the score through Peruvian centre-back Alberto Rodríguez, who made the best of a corner close to the hour mark, with the final goal coming from substitute Yonathan del Valle, a minute before the 90th.
As for the other Egyptian in Portugal, Ali Ghazal, he was an unused substitute as Nacional suffered a 3-1 defeat away to Europa League participants Estoril.
Rio Ave will face Vitória Setúbal as Nacional will host Vitória Guimarães next Sunday.