Al Ahly and Egypt’s U-20 national team forward Karim Nedved revealed that he...
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Portuguese League starts with victory for Koka and defeat for Ghazal
Ahmed Hassan “Koka”, who scored on his Egypt national team debut in a 3-0 friendly win over Uganda this week, played the full 90 minutes on Sunday as Rio Ave began their Liga Zon Sagres campaign with a convincing 3-0 win against newly-promoted Belenenses at the Restelo Stadium in Lisbon.
In a match completely dominated by the northerners, Braga opened the scoresheet just four minutes into the game, with the score remaining 1-0 until the break. With Hassan leading the attack, Rio Ave doubled the score through Peruvian centre-back Alberto Rodríguez, who made the best of a corner close to the hour mark, with the final goal coming from substitute Yonathan del Valle, a minute before the 90th.
As for the other Egyptian in Portugal, Ali Ghazal, he was an unused substitute as Nacional suffered a 3-1 defeat away to Europa League participants Estoril.
Rio Ave will face Vitória Setúbal as Nacional will host Vitória Guimarães next Sunday.