Al Ahly coach Hossam El Badry rejected all rumors and reports saying...
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
Portuguese League starts with victory for Koka and defeat for Ghazal
Ahmed Hassan “Koka”, who scored on his Egypt national team debut in a 3-0 friendly win over Uganda this week, played the full 90 minutes on Sunday as Rio Ave began their Liga Zon Sagres campaign with a convincing 3-0 win against newly-promoted Belenenses at the Restelo Stadium in Lisbon.
In a match completely dominated by the northerners, Braga opened the scoresheet just four minutes into the game, with the score remaining 1-0 until the break. With Hassan leading the attack, Rio Ave doubled the score through Peruvian centre-back Alberto Rodríguez, who made the best of a corner close to the hour mark, with the final goal coming from substitute Yonathan del Valle, a minute before the 90th.
As for the other Egyptian in Portugal, Ali Ghazal, he was an unused substitute as Nacional suffered a 3-1 defeat away to Europa League participants Estoril.
Rio Ave will face Vitória Setúbal as Nacional will host Vitória Guimarães next Sunday.