Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Portuguese League starts with victory for Koka and defeat for Ghazal
Ahmed Hassan “Koka”, who scored on his Egypt national team debut in a 3-0 friendly win over Uganda this week, played the full 90 minutes on Sunday as Rio Ave began their Liga Zon Sagres campaign with a convincing 3-0 win against newly-promoted Belenenses at the Restelo Stadium in Lisbon.
In a match completely dominated by the northerners, Braga opened the scoresheet just four minutes into the game, with the score remaining 1-0 until the break. With Hassan leading the attack, Rio Ave doubled the score through Peruvian centre-back Alberto Rodríguez, who made the best of a corner close to the hour mark, with the final goal coming from substitute Yonathan del Valle, a minute before the 90th.
As for the other Egyptian in Portugal, Ali Ghazal, he was an unused substitute as Nacional suffered a 3-1 defeat away to Europa League participants Estoril.
Rio Ave will face Vitória Setúbal as Nacional will host Vitória Guimarães next Sunday.