AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Portuguese League starts with victory for Koka and defeat for Ghazal
Ahmed Hassan “Koka”, who scored on his Egypt national team debut in a 3-0 friendly win over Uganda this week, played the full 90 minutes on Sunday as Rio Ave began their Liga Zon Sagres campaign with a convincing 3-0 win against newly-promoted Belenenses at the Restelo Stadium in Lisbon.
In a match completely dominated by the northerners, Braga opened the scoresheet just four minutes into the game, with the score remaining 1-0 until the break. With Hassan leading the attack, Rio Ave doubled the score through Peruvian centre-back Alberto Rodríguez, who made the best of a corner close to the hour mark, with the final goal coming from substitute Yonathan del Valle, a minute before the 90th.
As for the other Egyptian in Portugal, Ali Ghazal, he was an unused substitute as Nacional suffered a 3-1 defeat away to Europa League participants Estoril.
Rio Ave will face Vitória Setúbal as Nacional will host Vitória Guimarães next Sunday.