Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Kahraba set for FC Luzern debut against Salah & El-Nenny’s Basel
Mahmoud Kahraba is finally eligible to feature for FC Luzern in Switzerland after the club completed his registration on Monday, and is expected to make his debut against Salah and El-Nenny’s Basel on Saturday.
“I’m overjoyed,” said 19-year-old Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim, who carries the strange nickname of ‘Kahraba’ given that it means ‘electricity’ in Arabic, told FC Luzern’s official website after the club received his paperwork from the Egyptian Football Association on Monday.
Kahraba joined FC Luzern on a season-long loan from ENPPI this month with an option to make the deal permanent until 2017, but the EFA delayed to send his documents to the Swiss side due to the current turmoil in Egypt, which kept him out of the side that demolished FC Murten 11-0 in the Swiss Cup on Sunday.
However, the Egypt U-20 star is expected to feature next Saturday against compatriots Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny’s Basel, according to FC Luzerns’s official website.
Luzern Sports Director Alexander Frei, who used to play with Mohamed Salah at Basel, was also pleased with the news: “He [Kahraba] is a versatile and unpredictable attacking player who fits perfectly into our requirements,” Frei told the club’s official website.
When Frei was asked if Kahraba could make a similar impact to that of Salah, Switzerland’s all-time leading goalscorer told Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen: “Kahraba can be a big offensive asset to our team.”
“He is a player who can play at both flanks and also as a second forward behind the striker.”
Hull City were also interested in signing the Kahraba before he completed the Luzern switch and the Tigers offered him a one-week trial,with Steve Bruce calling the Egypt U-20 star ‘one for the future’.
The Egypt U-20 international scored three goals and won two penalties at the African Youth Championship in March to guide the Young Pharaohs to winning the tournament in Algeria. He also scored Egypt’s only goal against Chile at the U-20 World Cup this summer.
FC Luzern are currently second in the Swiss Super League with 10 points, while Salah & El-Nenny’s Basel lie fourth with eight.