KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
VIDEO: Koka on target in Rio Ave win, Ghazal solid in Nacional draw
The second round of the Liga Zon Sagres proved to be a positive one for the Egyptians Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal, with the former scoring his first goal of the season in Rio Ave’s win.
“Koka”, who has been called up by national coach Bob Bradley to take part in the training camp ahead of the World Cup Qualifier match against Guinea, scored his first goal of the campaign for Rio Ave in the match against Vitória Setúbal. The 20-year-old Egypt international converted a penalty early in the second half, following a handball by Tiago Terroso to make the score 2-0.
Rio Ave hung on to earn their second successive win, after opening their campaign with a 3-0 win last weekend, as the score remained unchanged until the end of the match.
That same afternoon Ali Ghazal played the full 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw at home against Vitória Guimarães, performing solidly in Nacional’s midfield.
Rio Ave’s next match is away at newly-promoted Arouca, whilst Nacional visit the other newly-promoted squad, Belenenses. Both matches to be played next Sunday afternoon.
Highlights of the Rio Ave – Vitória Setúbal match. (Hassan’s goal at 1:21)
Photo by Mohaned Ghanem