Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VIDEO: Koka on target in Rio Ave win, Ghazal solid in Nacional draw
The second round of the Liga Zon Sagres proved to be a positive one for the Egyptians Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal, with the former scoring his first goal of the season in Rio Ave’s win.
“Koka”, who has been called up by national coach Bob Bradley to take part in the training camp ahead of the World Cup Qualifier match against Guinea, scored his first goal of the campaign for Rio Ave in the match against Vitória Setúbal. The 20-year-old Egypt international converted a penalty early in the second half, following a handball by Tiago Terroso to make the score 2-0.
Rio Ave hung on to earn their second successive win, after opening their campaign with a 3-0 win last weekend, as the score remained unchanged until the end of the match.
That same afternoon Ali Ghazal played the full 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw at home against Vitória Guimarães, performing solidly in Nacional’s midfield.
Rio Ave’s next match is away at newly-promoted Arouca, whilst Nacional visit the other newly-promoted squad, Belenenses. Both matches to be played next Sunday afternoon.
Highlights of the Rio Ave – Vitória Setúbal match. (Hassan’s goal at 1:21)
Photo by Mohaned Ghanem