In the pre-match conference, Mali’s U20 head coach Baye Ba states that...
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
VIDEO: Koka on target in Rio Ave win, Ghazal solid in Nacional draw
The second round of the Liga Zon Sagres proved to be a positive one for the Egyptians Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal, with the former scoring his first goal of the season in Rio Ave’s win.
“Koka”, who has been called up by national coach Bob Bradley to take part in the training camp ahead of the World Cup Qualifier match against Guinea, scored his first goal of the campaign for Rio Ave in the match against Vitória Setúbal. The 20-year-old Egypt international converted a penalty early in the second half, following a handball by Tiago Terroso to make the score 2-0.
Rio Ave hung on to earn their second successive win, after opening their campaign with a 3-0 win last weekend, as the score remained unchanged until the end of the match.
That same afternoon Ali Ghazal played the full 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw at home against Vitória Guimarães, performing solidly in Nacional’s midfield.
Rio Ave’s next match is away at newly-promoted Arouca, whilst Nacional visit the other newly-promoted squad, Belenenses. Both matches to be played next Sunday afternoon.
Highlights of the Rio Ave – Vitória Setúbal match. (Hassan’s goal at 1:21)
Photo by Mohaned Ghanem