Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Amr Zaki scores on Al-Salmiya debut in Kuwaiti league opener
Egypt international Amr Zaki, 30, who was recently recalled by American coach Bob Bradley ahead of a World Cup qualifier against Guinea next month, scored on his official debut with Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya as they kicked-off their season with a 4-0 league win against Al-Yarmouk on Friday.
Zaki, who played the entire match, scored the fourth goal for the four-time Kuwaiti champions in the 63rd minute.
This strike ends a 16-month goal drought for Zaki, as his last competitive goal came against Africa Sports in the CAF Champions League on April 8th, 2012 with Zamalek.
The Egyptian “Bulldozer” who called this season the biggest challenge in his career joined Al-Salmiya on a free transfer this summer, signing on a year-long deal following an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor, where he failed to score in 8 matches.
Zaki expressed his delight on rejoining the Egyptian national team via his Facebook page and hailed his new club for helping him regain his fitness after being out of action since January 2013: “I want to thank the technical staff, the management, and my teammates at Al-Salmiya for helping me regain my fitness during the pre-season.”
Amr Zaki was undoubtedly one of Egypt’s top strikers, especially when the El-Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.