Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Amr Zaki scores on Al-Salmiya debut in Kuwaiti league opener
Former Zamalek and Wigan hitman Amr Zaki scored on his debut in Kuwait for Al-Salmiya in their 4-0 league opening win against Al-Yarmouk on Friday.
Egypt international Amr Zaki, 30, who was recently recalled by American coach Bob Bradley ahead of a World Cup qualifier against Guinea next month, scored on his official debut with Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya as they kicked-off their season with a 4-0 league win against Al-Yarmouk on Friday.
Zaki, who played the entire match, scored the fourth goal for the four-time Kuwaiti champions in the 63rd minute.
This strike ends a 16-month goal drought for Zaki, as his last competitive goal came against Africa Sports in the CAF Champions League on April 8th, 2012 with Zamalek.
The Egyptian “Bulldozer” who called this season the biggest challenge in his career joined Al-Salmiya on a free transfer this summer, signing on a year-long deal following an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor, where he failed to score in 8 matches.
Zaki expressed his delight on rejoining the Egyptian national team via his Facebook page and hailed his new club for helping him regain his fitness after being out of action since January 2013: “I want to thank the technical staff, the management, and my teammates at Al-Salmiya for helping me regain my fitness during the pre-season.”
Amr Zaki was undoubtedly one of Egypt’s top strikers, especially when the El-Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.