Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Manchester City 2-0 Hull City: Elmohamady starts as Tigers defeated at the Etihad
The game started at a fairly rapid pace with both teams keen to score as early as possible.
The first real threat came from Hull City in the 11th minute when Danny Graham scored from a beautiful cross down the left wing by Robbie Brady, which was then rightfully ruled out as offside.
Lescott and Nastasic were clearly having trouble settling in together with the absence of their leader Vincent Kompany but the latter came extremely close to scoring a minute after Graham’s chance, as his header from a Silva cross was tipped over the bar by McGregor.
Soon after his entrance in the second half for Džeko, Negredo almost scored from a free header but the ball hit the wrong side of his head.
It wasn’t until the 65th minute when Negredo headed home an excellent Pablo Zabaleta cross to put City ahead.
Elmohamady had a fairly quite game on the attacking front due to marking Silva, Agüero and Kolarov’s attacking runs. It wasn’t until the 85th minute when he started showing his attacking powers with 2 crosses in succession, one headed by Graham straight into Hart’s gloves while the other was tipped away by the keeper.
On the 89th minute, Yaya Touré curled a beautiful free-kick into the top corner from around 20-25 yards out to end the game.
Steve Bruce’s men will now get ready to face fellow promoted side Cardiff City at the KC stadium on the 14th of September hoping for their second win of the season.
According to WhoScored.com, Ahmed Elmohamady is Hull City’s top performer after their first three games in the Premier League.