Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Hull City seek to re-sign Gedo on loan from Al-Ahly
Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’, who made an instant impact after joining Hull City on a six-month loan deal in January – scoring five goals in his first six games to help the Tigers seal Premier League promotion – could be set for a return to the KC Stadium on deadline day as Al-Ahly have received a loan offer from Hull to retain the striker’s services.
Gedo confirmed on Twitter: “I received a loan offer from Hull. I’m awaiting the response of [Ahly’s] football committee and technical staff. I hope they will accept the offer.”
After his brilliant start to life at the KC Stadium, the goals dried up for Gedo after the Egyptian striker aggravated an old foot injury with Hull before featuring in a league clash against Bristol City to further worsen the problem, despite Al-Ahly club doctor Ehab Ali warning the club he should be rested for two months.
Steve Bruce had three Egyptians on loan at the KC Stadium last season with Gedo, Ahmed Fathi and Ahmed Elmohamady, but only the latter made a permanent Tigers switch this summer.
The 28-year-old striker returned to Al-Ahly following a successful foot surgery in Hull but he has yet to make an appearance for the Cairo giants after being sidelined for three months.
Gedo, who has been included in Ahly’s CAF Champions League squad list, is also included in Bob Bradley’s provisional squad ahead of the 10 September World Cup qualifier against Guinea.