Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Portuguese Pharaohs Roundup: First win for Ghazal, first loss for Koka
The third round of the Liga Zon Sagres revealed different fortunes for Rio Ave and Nacional and consequently, for Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal respectively.
Rio Ave saw their unbeaten run end, as they suffered their first defeat of the season to Primeira Liga debutants Arouca, thanks to a Roberto goal just one minute before end of the match. “Koka” had a very discrete game and was substituted at the 84th minute for Sandro Lima.
As for Nacional, they won their first match of the season in an exciting 2-3 victory away to Belenenses. Ali Ghazal was a part of the starting XI, but coach Manuel Machado replaced him at the 27th minute with João Aurélio after the Egypt international sustained a small injury.
Meanwhile Gil Vicente won 1-0 against Braga at Estadio Cidade of Barcelos with Luan scoring the only goal after they were reduced to 9 men. Egypt U-19 duo Adham Torky and Amr Mokhtar – who signed for Gil Vicente from ENPPI less than a fortnight ago – weren’t included in the squad as they will be playing in the junior squad.
The next round will see Nacional face-off against Arouca at home, whilst Rio Ave host Europa League participants Vitória Guimarães.
Photo by Mohaned Ghanem