South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Portuguese Pharaohs Roundup: First win for Ghazal, first loss for Koka
The third round of the Liga Zon Sagres revealed different fortunes for Rio Ave and Nacional and consequently, for Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal respectively.
Rio Ave saw their unbeaten run end, as they suffered their first defeat of the season to Primeira Liga debutants Arouca, thanks to a Roberto goal just one minute before end of the match. “Koka” had a very discrete game and was substituted at the 84th minute for Sandro Lima.
As for Nacional, they won their first match of the season in an exciting 2-3 victory away to Belenenses. Ali Ghazal was a part of the starting XI, but coach Manuel Machado replaced him at the 27th minute with João Aurélio after the Egypt international sustained a small injury.
Meanwhile Gil Vicente won 1-0 against Braga at Estadio Cidade of Barcelos with Luan scoring the only goal after they were reduced to 9 men. Egypt U-19 duo Adham Torky and Amr Mokhtar – who signed for Gil Vicente from ENPPI less than a fortnight ago – weren’t included in the squad as they will be playing in the junior squad.
The next round will see Nacional face-off against Arouca at home, whilst Rio Ave host Europa League participants Vitória Guimarães.
Photo by Mohaned Ghanem