Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Portuguese Pharaohs Roundup: First win for Ghazal, first loss for Koka
The third round of the Liga Zon Sagres revealed different fortunes for Rio Ave and Nacional and consequently, for Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal respectively.
Rio Ave saw their unbeaten run end, as they suffered their first defeat of the season to Primeira Liga debutants Arouca, thanks to a Roberto goal just one minute before end of the match. “Koka” had a very discrete game and was substituted at the 84th minute for Sandro Lima.
As for Nacional, they won their first match of the season in an exciting 2-3 victory away to Belenenses. Ali Ghazal was a part of the starting XI, but coach Manuel Machado replaced him at the 27th minute with João Aurélio after the Egypt international sustained a small injury.
Meanwhile Gil Vicente won 1-0 against Braga at Estadio Cidade of Barcelos with Luan scoring the only goal after they were reduced to 9 men. Egypt U-19 duo Adham Torky and Amr Mokhtar – who signed for Gil Vicente from ENPPI less than a fortnight ago – weren’t included in the squad as they will be playing in the junior squad.
The next round will see Nacional face-off against Arouca at home, whilst Rio Ave host Europa League participants Vitória Guimarães.
Photo by Mohaned Ghanem