Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Ahmed Hegazy set for another extensive lay-off with knee injury
Fiorentina have revealed Ahmed Hegazy is set to undergo another surgery on his knee after tests conducted by team doctor Paolo Mariani revealed problems with the same knee they operated on last December.
Hegazy only returned to action with Fiorentina in May following a successful surgery to repair a torn knee ligament, which he injured a week after making his full debut for the Viola – where he scored in the Coppa Italia against Juve Stabia.
The 22-year-old Egyptian centre-back re-injured his knee in a recent friendly with the national team against Uganda and could face another six months out of action – definitely ruling him out of the World Cup qualifying play-off round as the Pharaohs aim to reach the World Cup for the first time in 24 years.
Hegazy impressed Vincenzo Montella during pre-season and even scored in a friendly as the Egyptian defender aimed to earn a regular place in the Viola’s starting line-up this season.
Meanwhile Basel midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny sustained a shoulder injury in training with the national team today following a collision with a team-mate.
The 21-year-old had to undergo a scan to determine the extent of his injury but he is expected to be fit for Tuesday ahead of Egypt’s World Cup qualifier against Guinea – a match the Pharaohs must win to improve their FIFA Ranking in order to have any chance of reaching the seeded pot in the play-off round.