Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Ahmed Hegazy set for another extensive lay-off with knee injury
Fiorentina have revealed Ahmed Hegazy is set to undergo another surgery on his knee after tests conducted by team doctor Paolo Mariani revealed problems with the same knee they operated on last December.
Hegazy only returned to action with Fiorentina in May following a successful surgery to repair a torn knee ligament, which he injured a week after making his full debut for the Viola – where he scored in the Coppa Italia against Juve Stabia.
The 22-year-old Egyptian centre-back re-injured his knee in a recent friendly with the national team against Uganda and could face another six months out of action – definitely ruling him out of the World Cup qualifying play-off round as the Pharaohs aim to reach the World Cup for the first time in 24 years.
Hegazy impressed Vincenzo Montella during pre-season and even scored in a friendly as the Egyptian defender aimed to earn a regular place in the Viola’s starting line-up this season.
Meanwhile Basel midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny sustained a shoulder injury in training with the national team today following a collision with a team-mate.
The 21-year-old had to undergo a scan to determine the extent of his injury but he is expected to be fit for Tuesday ahead of Egypt’s World Cup qualifier against Guinea – a match the Pharaohs must win to improve their FIFA Ranking in order to have any chance of reaching the seeded pot in the play-off round.