Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
CAF gives Al Ahly two days to determine stadium for Cairo derby
The CAF gives Al Ahly two days to finalize their stadium crisis ahead of the Cairo derby with Zamalek in the Champions League next weekend.
Al-Ahly has been struggling for over ten days to find a stadium that is acceptable to host the Cairo derby in the CAF Champions League next Sunday, after clashes among the ultras occurred in their previous match hosted in Gouna Stadium.
The Confederation of African Football has only given Al-Ahly two more days to determine the stadium, and also told the club it has to make the match at 3 pm in order to avoid any overlap with other matches on the channel which will broadcast the game.
The match will be held on the 15th of September in the 5th round of group stage in the CAF Champions League, and it is likely to be an extremely tense encounter as the difference between the two sides is only three points, despite Ahly being second in Group A while Zamalek currently lie bottom of group.
Zamalek kept their hopes of reaching the semi-finals alive with a narrow 2-1 victory over Orlando Pirates in El-Gouna.
The last Cairo derby was held in Gouna today due to security concerns in the Egyptian capital, which is still facing the political turmoil that followed since the army toppled president Mohamed Morsi on 3 July.
– Ahmed Monem is a new reporter on KingFut and an editor on EPArena.com
– Photo from Ultras Ahlawy’s official Facebook page