Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
CAF gives Al Ahly two days to determine stadium for Cairo derby
The CAF gives Al Ahly two days to finalize their stadium crisis ahead of the Cairo derby with Zamalek in the Champions League next weekend.
Al-Ahly has been struggling for over ten days to find a stadium that is acceptable to host the Cairo derby in the CAF Champions League next Sunday, after clashes among the ultras occurred in their previous match hosted in Gouna Stadium.
The Confederation of African Football has only given Al-Ahly two more days to determine the stadium, and also told the club it has to make the match at 3 pm in order to avoid any overlap with other matches on the channel which will broadcast the game.
The match will be held on the 15th of September in the 5th round of group stage in the CAF Champions League, and it is likely to be an extremely tense encounter as the difference between the two sides is only three points, despite Ahly being second in Group A while Zamalek currently lie bottom of group.
Zamalek kept their hopes of reaching the semi-finals alive with a narrow 2-1 victory over Orlando Pirates in El-Gouna.
The last Cairo derby was held in Gouna today due to security concerns in the Egyptian capital, which is still facing the political turmoil that followed since the army toppled president Mohamed Morsi on 3 July.
– Ahmed Monem is a new reporter on KingFut and an editor on EPArena.com
– Photo from Ultras Ahlawy’s official Facebook page