Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Stephan El Shaarawy: I’m proud of my Egyptian roots
Italian international Stephan El Shaarawy revealed his pride for his Egyptian roots in an interview with Mundo Deportivo, although the Spanish magazine claimed he never considered representing Egypt.
In an interview with Mundo Deportivo, El Shaarawy, who is born to an Italian mother and an Egyptian father, told the Spanish magazine that he is proud of his Egyptian roots, although the magazine claims he never thought representing Egypt internationally.
“I’m Italian. I have pride in my Egyptian roots and I have family there, but Italy is my home,” El Shaarawy said.
The 20-year-old AC Milan forward, often called ‘Il Faraone’ (The Pharaoh), also voiced his opinion on the world’s best player, claiming that Brazil international Neymar is currently the best in the world.
“I’d say Neymar is the best player in the world at the moment,” El Shaarawy told Spanish reporters.
“I played against him in Geneva with Italy back in March and he was simply incredible on the ball.”
The young Italian international went on to voice his admiration for Serie A greats such as Kaka – who recently returned to Milan following a four-year spell at Real Madrid – Alessandro Del Piero and Francesco Totti.
“I had a number of idols. It was great to see players such as Kaka and Del Piero week after week. Totti was another of my biggest idols. It’s crazy to be playing against him now.”