Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Stephan El Shaarawy: I’m proud of my Egyptian roots
In an interview with Mundo Deportivo, El Shaarawy, who is born to an Italian mother and an Egyptian father, told the Spanish magazine that he is proud of his Egyptian roots, although the magazine claims he never thought representing Egypt internationally.
“I’m Italian. I have pride in my Egyptian roots and I have family there, but Italy is my home,” El Shaarawy said.
The 20-year-old AC Milan forward, often called ‘Il Faraone’ (The Pharaoh), also voiced his opinion on the world’s best player, claiming that Brazil international Neymar is currently the best in the world.
“I’d say Neymar is the best player in the world at the moment,” El Shaarawy told Spanish reporters.
“I played against him in Geneva with Italy back in March and he was simply incredible on the ball.”
The young Italian international went on to voice his admiration for Serie A greats such as Kaka – who recently returned to Milan following a four-year spell at Real Madrid – Alessandro Del Piero and Francesco Totti.
“I had a number of idols. It was great to see players such as Kaka and Del Piero week after week. Totti was another of my biggest idols. It’s crazy to be playing against him now.”