Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Former Egypt U-20 duo set to complete Romanian moves
Former Egypt U-20 duo Afroto and Mohamed Abdel-Fattah are set to complete their moves to Romanian side Poli Timişoara, according to the club’s official website.
24-year-old right winger Mostafa Mohamed Selim, more commonly known as ‘Afroto’ (or Little Genie) and 22-year-old centre-back Mohamed Abdel-Fattah are set to complete their moves to ACS Poli Timişoara after the duo impressed on trial with the club.
According to Poli Timişoara, who are currently 7th in Liga I – the Romanian first division – the two players are set to undergo medicals and the Egyptians will “soon” officially join the club on one-year deals, after being released by their respective clubs in Egypt.
Afroto joined Azerbaijan Premier League side FK Qarabagh on a free from Al-Ahly just over a year ago as the Egyptian champions didn’t see him in their future plans and refused to extend his contract. He then returned to Egypt with Misr El-Maqassa in March but the winger only featured for a total of 74 minutes in five substitute appearances.
The little genie was once regarded as one of the hottest prospects in Egyptian football after his impressive displays at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt, where he scored 2 superb goals before the Pharaohs were eliminated in the second round by Costa Rica.
Young centre-back Mohamed Abdel-Fattah was a regular starter for Wadi Degla last season prior to the league’s cancellation.
Abdel-Fattah partnered Ahmed Hegazy during the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Columbia, where he played every minute for the Egypt U-20 national team.