The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
VIDEO: AC Léopards stun Orlando Pirates in CAF Champions League
AC Léopards stunned Orlando Pirates in Congo to deny the Group A leaders automatic qualification to the Champions League semi-finals after losing 1-0 on Saturday.
The South African side went down thanks to a wonderful volley scored by Dimitri Bissiki in the 72nd minute.
In a goalless first-half, Pirates striker Lennox Bacela had a great chance to score but the striker volleyed off target off a cross from Patrick Phungwayo.
Moments before, Daine Klate shot a free-kick straight at Leopards goalkeeper Lawrence Ngome, while at the other end AC Léopards captain Bhebey Ndey shot wide, with Buccaneers goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa also making a fine save to keep his team in it at one stage.
Léopards showed their intentions after the break and got their reward when Dimitri Bissiki fired a fantastic volley past the newly centurion Senzo Meyiwa.
Orlando Pirates winger Klate threatened AC Léopards with a last free-kick,which went wide, but the Congolese side stood firm to claim the three points and revive their hopes of reaching CAF Champions League 2013 semi-finals.
The result sees the giant killers join Orlando Pirates and Al-Ahly on 7 points, with the Red Devils having a chance to move clear if they defeat Zamalek – who are on 4 points – tomorrow.
AC Leopards goal vs Orlando Pirates: