Ghana forward Andre Ayew has revealed that the Black Stars will use...
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
VIDEO: AC Léopards stun Orlando Pirates in CAF Champions League
AC Léopards stunned Orlando Pirates in Congo to deny the Group A leaders automatic qualification to the Champions League semi-finals after losing 1-0 on Saturday.
The South African side went down thanks to a wonderful volley scored by Dimitri Bissiki in the 72nd minute.
In a goalless first-half, Pirates striker Lennox Bacela had a great chance to score but the striker volleyed off target off a cross from Patrick Phungwayo.
Moments before, Daine Klate shot a free-kick straight at Leopards goalkeeper Lawrence Ngome, while at the other end AC Léopards captain Bhebey Ndey shot wide, with Buccaneers goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa also making a fine save to keep his team in it at one stage.
Léopards showed their intentions after the break and got their reward when Dimitri Bissiki fired a fantastic volley past the newly centurion Senzo Meyiwa.
Orlando Pirates winger Klate threatened AC Léopards with a last free-kick,which went wide, but the Congolese side stood firm to claim the three points and revive their hopes of reaching CAF Champions League 2013 semi-finals.
The result sees the giant killers join Orlando Pirates and Al-Ahly on 7 points, with the Red Devils having a chance to move clear if they defeat Zamalek – who are on 4 points – tomorrow.
AC Leopards goal vs Orlando Pirates: