An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Salah rested for Chelsea as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
FC Basel, who are set to face Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday, left Mohamed Salah on the bench during the 2nd round clash of the Swiss Cup against FC Münsingen while Mohamed El-Nenny was ruled out with a shoulder injury.
The Swiss champions needed a penalty to defeat the third division side. Matias Delgado, who rejoined Basel from UAE giants Al Jazira, scored from the spot to send Murat Yakin’s team through to the 3rd round of the Schweizer Cup.
Basel are in Group E of the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League with Chelsea, FC Schalke and Romanian Champions Steaua Bucureşti.
Salah, who scored against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season, has already netted thrice in Champions League qualifying and is expected to start against José Mourinho’s side on Wednesday.