Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Salah rested for Chelsea as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
FC Basel, who are set to face Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday, left Mohamed Salah on the bench during the 2nd round clash of the Swiss Cup against FC Münsingen while Mohamed El-Nenny was ruled out with a shoulder injury.
The Swiss champions needed a penalty to defeat the third division side. Matias Delgado, who rejoined Basel from UAE giants Al Jazira, scored from the spot to send Murat Yakin’s team through to the 3rd round of the Schweizer Cup.
Basel are in Group E of the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League with Chelsea, FC Schalke and Romanian Champions Steaua Bucureşti.
Salah, who scored against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season, has already netted thrice in Champions League qualifying and is expected to start against José Mourinho’s side on Wednesday.