Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Salah rested for Chelsea as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
FC Basel, who are set to face Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday, left Mohamed Salah on the bench during the 2nd round clash of the Swiss Cup against FC Münsingen while Mohamed El-Nenny was ruled out with a shoulder injury.
The Swiss champions needed a penalty to defeat the third division side. Matias Delgado, who rejoined Basel from UAE giants Al Jazira, scored from the spot to send Murat Yakin’s team through to the 3rd round of the Schweizer Cup.
Basel are in Group E of the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League with Chelsea, FC Schalke and Romanian Champions Steaua Bucureşti.
Salah, who scored against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season, has already netted thrice in Champions League qualifying and is expected to start against José Mourinho’s side on Wednesday.