Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Salah rested for Chelsea as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
FC Basel, who are set to face Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday, left Mohamed Salah on the bench during the 2nd round clash of the Swiss Cup against FC Münsingen while Mohamed El-Nenny was ruled out with a shoulder injury.
The Swiss champions needed a penalty to defeat the third division side. Matias Delgado, who rejoined Basel from UAE giants Al Jazira, scored from the spot to send Murat Yakin’s team through to the 3rd round of the Schweizer Cup.
Basel are in Group E of the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League with Chelsea, FC Schalke and Romanian Champions Steaua Bucureşti.
Salah, who scored against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season, has already netted thrice in Champions League qualifying and is expected to start against José Mourinho’s side on Wednesday.