Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Portuguese Pharaohs Roundup: Disappointing results for Koka and Ghazal
The fourth round of the Liga Zon Sagres proved to be an unfortunate one for Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal, as both Rio Ave and Nacional suffered narrow, last-minute defeats.
Rio Ave lost at home to Vitória Guimarães, thanks to an André André goal at the 89th minute, in a match that saw little action and only saw Koka come on at the 65th minute in the place of Sandro Lima, but failed to make an impact in the match.
Nacional also played at home against Arouca, in a match that was played behind closed doors, due to a punishment over racists chants in a match last season. The game finished in a 0-1 win for the Liga newcomers, with a Pintassilgo goal at the 86th minute. Ali Ghazal played the 90 minutes, enforcing his position in the Nacional center. He did however, receive a yellow card moments before the end of the match.
Next week will see Rio Ave face a tough test against second placed Sporting CP away, with Rio Ave once again at home against Académica
Down the Second Liga, Ahmed Mokhtar’s new club Oliveirense, won 3-2 against Tondela. Mokhtar didn’t feature in this match, but is expected to be available soon.