Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Gedo en route to Hull as striker gets visa to re-join Tigers
Hull City have confirmed Egypt international striker Gedo has finally received the necessary visa to return to the Tigers.
Gedo, who was stuck in Dubai in an attempt to speed up the visa process due to the civil unrest in Cairo, has finally obtained the necessary paper work which will allow him return to the UK.
The Egypt international striker is set to return to Hull and link-up with his team-mates “as quickly as possible,” said his agent Mamdouh Eid on Twitter.
The 28-year-old, who hit five important goals in 12 matches on loan at the KC Stadium last season to boost the Tigers’ promotion drive, re-joined the club on a season-long loan on transfer deadline day.
Gedo isn’t yet in full match fitness following an ankle injury that required surgery at the end of last season, according to Hull manger Steve Bruce the Egyptian needs two to three weeks to work on his fitness.
However, Bruce is short on attacking cover as he had no strikers on the bench in the last game against Cardiff, so Gedo could possibly make the bench for the Tigers visit to Newcastle on Saturday.