KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Hady Khashaba: Al-Ahly to sign Zakaria from ENPPI within “hours”
Khashaba, the director of football at the Cairo-based club, confirmed that Al Ahly are currently negotiating with ENPPI ahead of Momen Zakaria’s season-and-a-half-long loan move.
There are only minor details in the contract being taken care of and the deal will be finalized within hours, Khashaba confirmed.
Zakaria, who came through Ahly’s youth ranks, scored six goals and had three assists in 15 appearances for ENPPI last season.
This puts an end to the controversy in Egyptian media which reported the player was to join either Al Ahly or their long standing Cairo rivals Al Zamalek.
ENPPI has been selling many of the club’s stars due to financial problems and the cancellation of the Egyptian Premier League.
Earlier this summer, they loaned arguably their most promising youngster Mahmoud “Kahraba” to Swiss League side FC Luzern.
ENPPI are not the only club that have sold their stars following the Port Said disaster, Ismaily and the Arab Contractors sold some of their best talent to Al Ahly, Zamalek or to European clubs, including: Ahmed Hegazy to Fiorentina, Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny to FC Basel.
– Written by Mohamed Hossam