Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Hady Khashaba: Al-Ahly to sign Zakaria from ENPPI within “hours”
Khashaba, the director of football at the Cairo-based club, confirmed that Al Ahly are currently negotiating with ENPPI ahead of Momen Zakaria’s season-and-a-half-long loan move.
There are only minor details in the contract being taken care of and the deal will be finalized within hours, Khashaba confirmed.
Zakaria, who came through Ahly’s youth ranks, scored six goals and had three assists in 15 appearances for ENPPI last season.
This puts an end to the controversy in Egyptian media which reported the player was to join either Al Ahly or their long standing Cairo rivals Al Zamalek.
ENPPI has been selling many of the club’s stars due to financial problems and the cancellation of the Egyptian Premier League.
Earlier this summer, they loaned arguably their most promising youngster Mahmoud “Kahraba” to Swiss League side FC Luzern.
ENPPI are not the only club that have sold their stars following the Port Said disaster, Ismaily and the Arab Contractors sold some of their best talent to Al Ahly, Zamalek or to European clubs, including: Ahmed Hegazy to Fiorentina, Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny to FC Basel.
– Written by Mohamed Hossam