Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Official: Zamalek sign Ahly-target Momen Zakaria from ENPPI
Zakaria was on the verge of joining Al Ahly this week after director of football Hady Khashaba claimed that the ENPPI midfielder’s move was to be finalized “within hours“.
Talks broke down with Zamalek’s fierce rivals and Momen Zakaria, who came through Ahly’s youth ranks, before he signed for the Whites on a season-and-a-half-long loan deal from ENPPI.
However, the signing of Zakaria is unlikely to ease the tension between Zamalek and the Ultras White Knights after dozens of their hardcore supporters stormed the club’s headquarters in Cairo on Thursday.
The Ultras White Knights engaged in clashes with security forces as they demanded the board of directors’ resignation.
Talented attacking midfielder Zakaria was arguably ENPPI’s top performer last season, scoring six goals and assisting three in 15 appearances before the season’s cancellation.
ENPPI have shipped out many of the club’s stars this off-season due to financial problems and the cancellation of the Egyptian Premier League.
Earlier this summer, ENPPI loaned promising youngster Mahmoud “Kahraba” to Swiss League side FC Luzern and top scorer Ahmed Raouf to Al-Ittihad in Libya.