Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
VIDEO: Ghaly assists Celtic loanee on debut in deserved Lierse win
Lierse secured a deserved three points in the Juplier Pro League with a 2-0 win against Kotrijk to move up to tenth place – level on points with Charleroi.
Egyptian-owned Lierse bounced back from the thrashing they received at Club Brugge last weekend to seal a 2-0 victory against mid-table KV Kortrijk.
The in-form Franco-Moroccan central midfielder Rachid Bourabia put Lierse ahead after only four minutes before striker Tony Watt – who scored Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – doubled the score in the second half to lead the team to win their second match this season.
Ghaly, who scored his first goal for Egypt since 2007 in the recent 4-2 win over Guinea in World Cup qualifying, assisted Watt’s goal with a clinical through pass but also picked up a yellow card for the second consecutive match.
Kotrijk, who were heading towards a place in the top six, slipped down the table to eight place while the three points increases Lierse’s tally to eight in as many matches.