Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
VIDEO: Ghaly assists Celtic loanee on debut in deserved Lierse win
Lierse secured a deserved three points in the Juplier Pro League with a 2-0 win against Kotrijk to move up to tenth place – level on points with Charleroi.
Egyptian-owned Lierse bounced back from the thrashing they received at Club Brugge last weekend to seal a 2-0 victory against mid-table KV Kortrijk.
The in-form Franco-Moroccan central midfielder Rachid Bourabia put Lierse ahead after only four minutes before striker Tony Watt – who scored Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – doubled the score in the second half to lead the team to win their second match this season.
Ghaly, who scored his first goal for Egypt since 2007 in the recent 4-2 win over Guinea in World Cup qualifying, assisted Watt’s goal with a clinical through pass but also picked up a yellow card for the second consecutive match.
Kotrijk, who were heading towards a place in the top six, slipped down the table to eight place while the three points increases Lierse’s tally to eight in as many matches.