Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
VIDEO: Ghaly assists Celtic loanee on debut in deserved Lierse win
Lierse secured a deserved three points in the Juplier Pro League with a 2-0 win against Kotrijk to move up to tenth place – level on points with Charleroi.
Egyptian-owned Lierse bounced back from the thrashing they received at Club Brugge last weekend to seal a 2-0 victory against mid-table KV Kortrijk.
The in-form Franco-Moroccan central midfielder Rachid Bourabia put Lierse ahead after only four minutes before striker Tony Watt – who scored Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – doubled the score in the second half to lead the team to win their second match this season.
Ghaly, who scored his first goal for Egypt since 2007 in the recent 4-2 win over Guinea in World Cup qualifying, assisted Watt’s goal with a clinical through pass but also picked up a yellow card for the second consecutive match.
Kotrijk, who were heading towards a place in the top six, slipped down the table to eight place while the three points increases Lierse’s tally to eight in as many matches.