Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
VIDEO: Ghaly assists Celtic loanee on debut in deserved Lierse win
Lierse secured a deserved three points in the Juplier Pro League with a 2-0 win against Kotrijk to move up to tenth place – level on points with Charleroi.
Egyptian-owned Lierse bounced back from the thrashing they received at Club Brugge last weekend to seal a 2-0 victory against mid-table KV Kortrijk.
The in-form Franco-Moroccan central midfielder Rachid Bourabia put Lierse ahead after only four minutes before striker Tony Watt – who scored Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – doubled the score in the second half to lead the team to win their second match this season.
Ghaly, who scored his first goal for Egypt since 2007 in the recent 4-2 win over Guinea in World Cup qualifying, assisted Watt’s goal with a clinical through pass but also picked up a yellow card for the second consecutive match.
Kotrijk, who were heading towards a place in the top six, slipped down the table to eight place while the three points increases Lierse’s tally to eight in as many matches.