Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Mohamed Salah named in the UEFA Team of the Week
Egypt international Mohamed Salah was included in the matchday one UEFA Team of the Week alongside the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Salah, who scored against Chelsea to help earn Basel a surprise victory at Stamford Bridge in their Champions League Group E opener on Wednesday, was the only African international named in UEFA’s Team of the Week, and was even given a higher rating than Ronaldo – who scored a hat-trick at Turkish giants Galatasaray.
The 21-year-old winger has also scored six goals from six World Cup qualifying games for Egypt and is currently the top scorer in CAF World Cup qualifiers as he aims to put a smile on Egyptian faces with a ticket to Brazil.
The Pharaohs are eyeing their first World Cup appearance since 1990 but they will have to best Ghana in a two-legged play-off in order to reach Brazil 2014, with the first-leg of the decider on15 October in Kumasi.