Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mohamed Salah named in the UEFA Team of the Week
Egypt international Mohamed Salah was included in the matchday one UEFA Team of the Week alongside the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Salah, who scored against Chelsea to help earn Basel a surprise victory at Stamford Bridge in their Champions League Group E opener on Wednesday, was the only African international named in UEFA’s Team of the Week, and was even given a higher rating than Ronaldo – who scored a hat-trick at Turkish giants Galatasaray.
The 21-year-old winger has also scored six goals from six World Cup qualifying games for Egypt and is currently the top scorer in CAF World Cup qualifiers as he aims to put a smile on Egyptian faces with a ticket to Brazil.
The Pharaohs are eyeing their first World Cup appearance since 1990 but they will have to best Ghana in a two-legged play-off in order to reach Brazil 2014, with the first-leg of the decider on15 October in Kumasi.