Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Mohamed Salah named in the UEFA Team of the Week
Salah, who scored against Chelsea to help earn Basel a surprise victory at Stamford Bridge in their Champions League Group E opener on Wednesday, was the only African international named in UEFA’s Team of the Week, and was even given a higher rating than Ronaldo – who scored a hat-trick at Turkish giants Galatasaray.
The 21-year-old winger has also scored six goals from six World Cup qualifying games for Egypt and is currently the top scorer in CAF World Cup qualifiers as he aims to put a smile on Egyptian faces with a ticket to Brazil.
The Pharaohs are eyeing their first World Cup appearance since 1990 but they will have to best Ghana in a two-legged play-off in order to reach Brazil 2014, with the first-leg of the decider on15 October in Kumasi.