Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Mohamed Salah named in the UEFA Team of the Week
Salah, who scored against Chelsea to help earn Basel a surprise victory at Stamford Bridge in their Champions League Group E opener on Wednesday, was the only African international named in UEFA’s Team of the Week, and was even given a higher rating than Ronaldo – who scored a hat-trick at Turkish giants Galatasaray.
The 21-year-old winger has also scored six goals from six World Cup qualifying games for Egypt and is currently the top scorer in CAF World Cup qualifiers as he aims to put a smile on Egyptian faces with a ticket to Brazil.
The Pharaohs are eyeing their first World Cup appearance since 1990 but they will have to best Ghana in a two-legged play-off in order to reach Brazil 2014, with the first-leg of the decider on15 October in Kumasi.