Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Mohamed Salah named in the UEFA Team of the Week
Egypt international Mohamed Salah was included in the matchday one UEFA Team of the Week alongside the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Salah, who scored against Chelsea to help earn Basel a surprise victory at Stamford Bridge in their Champions League Group E opener on Wednesday, was the only African international named in UEFA’s Team of the Week, and was even given a higher rating than Ronaldo – who scored a hat-trick at Turkish giants Galatasaray.
The 21-year-old winger has also scored six goals from six World Cup qualifying games for Egypt and is currently the top scorer in CAF World Cup qualifiers as he aims to put a smile on Egyptian faces with a ticket to Brazil.
The Pharaohs are eyeing their first World Cup appearance since 1990 but they will have to best Ghana in a two-legged play-off in order to reach Brazil 2014, with the first-leg of the decider on15 October in Kumasi.