Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
VIDEO: Zaki on target in Kuwait as Al-Salmiya down Kazma
Egypt striker Amr Zaki on target once again for his new side Al-Salmiya, scoring his second goal in the VIVA Football League against Kazma.
Zaki, 30, scored two minutes into the second half with a close-range strike to equalise for Al-Salmiya – the Kuwaiti side he joined in June – after Kazma opened the scoring on the 44th minute.
Al-Salmiya went on to score two more goals through Odaiy El Saify and Mohamed Garagh to secure the three points and send them to second place in the VIVA Football League – the first division in Kuwait – with their seventh point from three games.
It is the Bulldozer’s second goal in three games in Kuwait, having found the back of the net on his debut in Salmiya’s 4-0 opening win over Yarmouk.
Former Wigan hitman Zaki, who is pushing for a start against Ghana in next month’s crucial World Cup play-off in Kumasi, was also on target on his return to the Egyptian national team after coming on as a late second-half substitute in the recent 4-2 win over Guinea in World Cup qualifying – his first goal for the Pharaohs since scoring in Cairo against Algeria in 2010.