Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Portuguese Pharaohs Roundup: Decent results for Koka and Ghazal
The fifth week of the Liga Zon Sagres saw Ahmed Hassan “Koka”‘s Rio Ave and Ali Ghazal’s Nacional pick up vital points in their matches against Sporting Lisbon and Académica.
On Saturday, Rio Ave continued to be one of Sporting’s toughest rivals, who haven’t managed to defeat the northeners in the last four meetings by acheiving a 1-1 draw at the Alvalade Stadium.
Wilson Eduardo gave Sporting the lead in the 25th minute, after a poor clearance by goalkeeper Salin. The goal livened up Rio Ave, who had several attempts at the goal, mainly in the second half. One of which came from Koka, who failed to make the best of a defensive error and a cross and put the ball well over the Sporting goal from a short distance.
The goal eventually came at the 72th minute by Tarantini, who headed the ball into the back of the net following a free kick. Koka was replaced by Sandro Lima, already in extra time.
As for Ali Ghazal, he and Nacional were victorious, with a 1-0 win over Académica, courtesy of a Mario Rondón goal in the 32nd minute. Ghazal once again played the whole 90 minutes in a very even match.
Rio Ave and Nacional will face each other next Saturday afternoon, in a game which will be interesting to see which pharaoh will come out on top.