Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Portuguese Pharaohs Roundup: Decent results for Koka and Ghazal
The fifth week of the Liga Zon Sagres saw Ahmed Hassan “Koka”‘s Rio Ave and Ali Ghazal’s Nacional pick up vital points in their matches against Sporting Lisbon and Académica.
On Saturday, Rio Ave continued to be one of Sporting’s toughest rivals, who haven’t managed to defeat the northeners in the last four meetings by acheiving a 1-1 draw at the Alvalade Stadium.
Wilson Eduardo gave Sporting the lead in the 25th minute, after a poor clearance by goalkeeper Salin. The goal livened up Rio Ave, who had several attempts at the goal, mainly in the second half. One of which came from Koka, who failed to make the best of a defensive error and a cross and put the ball well over the Sporting goal from a short distance.
The goal eventually came at the 72th minute by Tarantini, who headed the ball into the back of the net following a free kick. Koka was replaced by Sandro Lima, already in extra time.
As for Ali Ghazal, he and Nacional were victorious, with a 1-0 win over Académica, courtesy of a Mario Rondón goal in the 32nd minute. Ghazal once again played the whole 90 minutes in a very even match.
Rio Ave and Nacional will face each other next Saturday afternoon, in a game which will be interesting to see which pharaoh will come out on top.