Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Portuguese Pharaohs Roundup: Decent results for Koka and Ghazal
The fifth week of the Liga Zon Sagres saw Ahmed Hassan “Koka”‘s Rio Ave and Ali Ghazal’s Nacional pick up vital points in their matches against Sporting Lisbon and Académica.
On Saturday, Rio Ave continued to be one of Sporting’s toughest rivals, who haven’t managed to defeat the northeners in the last four meetings by acheiving a 1-1 draw at the Alvalade Stadium.
Wilson Eduardo gave Sporting the lead in the 25th minute, after a poor clearance by goalkeeper Salin. The goal livened up Rio Ave, who had several attempts at the goal, mainly in the second half. One of which came from Koka, who failed to make the best of a defensive error and a cross and put the ball well over the Sporting goal from a short distance.
The goal eventually came at the 72th minute by Tarantini, who headed the ball into the back of the net following a free kick. Koka was replaced by Sandro Lima, already in extra time.
As for Ali Ghazal, he and Nacional were victorious, with a 1-0 win over Académica, courtesy of a Mario Rondón goal in the 32nd minute. Ghazal once again played the whole 90 minutes in a very even match.
Rio Ave and Nacional will face each other next Saturday afternoon, in a game which will be interesting to see which pharaoh will come out on top.